Trade Traktor Pro license for complex Traktor Midi Fighter effects Map
    Tech Mentor

Default Trade Traktor Pro license for complex Traktor Midi Fighter effects Map

I need a mapping done, I have a spare license of traktor pro for your work. I upgraded to traktor scratch pro and do not need it anymore.. My loss your gain. Im looking to replace my loop functions of my midi fighter for 4 looking for some interesting effects combos perhaps some similar to vci 100se presetss but in a 1 press button form. I want this to include the proper led's too. I do not use the loop functions on my midi fighter because i use it on my mixer. I know everyone here has a version of tsp or pro but maybe someone can sell, trade, or find a good use for it. Ive spent many hours trying to design some but its just extrmely difficult loading all the parameters for 3 effects in 1 button. I need help. Has anyone done this that wants to share.??
    Last edited by joeymeyer; 08-02-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeymeyer View Post
    I need a mapping done, I have a spare license of traktor pro for your work. I upgraded to traktor scratch pro and do not need it anymore.. My loss your gain. Im looking to replace my loop functions of my midi fighter for 4 looking for some interesting effects combos perhaps some similar to vci 100se presetss but in a 1 press button form. I want this to include the proper led's too. I do not use the loop functions on my midi fighter because i use it on my mixer. I know everyone here has a version of tsp or pro but maybe someone can sell, trade, or find a good use for it. Ive spent many hours trying to design some but its just extrmely difficult loading all the parameters for 3 effects in 1 button. I need help. Has anyone done this that wants to share.??
    Hey, I'm not sure what you want in here. You need a mapping for the MF but not the mapping from Ean because it contains functions you don't need?

Can you make a drawing of what functions you want? I can do the mapping (and you can keep that license in your pocket ), but you need to tell me what functions you want on which buttons (and if you want parameters on the FX, tell me the values). Also include what LED's you want and how they must behave..?

Euh, one problem I'm thinking of now.. I have Traktor Pro, so TSI's

Tech Mentor

Default map

i do not use the looping buttons on my midifighter, it is shift plus the 3rd row across of buttons, I was wondering if you could put some interesting effects combinations in those 4 spaces. I was thinking of the vci100 special edition effects presets, i do not know what they are made of. I was wondering if you could make some one push button effect combos in its place. I play alot of dubstep so love things like peakfilter, gater, flanger, phaser, reverb, the things the midi fighter doent have on it. Any sort of help will be appreciated im lost in the mapping it. As far as LEDS i need them to just to stay on so i know which is in use. I have 2 midi fighters and use the deckalized mapping for a and another for b, so i just edit those 2 .The tsi's should transfer fine im using 1.26

Are you using the Midi Fighter Deckalized mapping now? (see attached image?)

So you only want to change the 4 looping buttons into 4 pre-defined filters (advanced I assume)? That should be doable. I can set 4 different filters to those buttons which will then work when you press shift+one of those buttons. I can make them work by 'on hold' but that means that you have to press 2 buttons to use an effect on that row.

I'll check the VCI mapping and check whether it is possible to use this in this mapping. I'll try to do this tonight

EDIT: I noticed that the VCI is using a lot of dry/wet and amount stuff (via the faders and the wheel), of course this cannot be done on the MF. I can map the presets of the VCI to each button, but they will be quite useless without the ability to change the amount of the effects and the dry/wet amount.

Maybe you should think of what you want first . Let me know what you want to have under each button and I'll do the mapping for you. If you let me to decide it will probably be just different to what you want
    Last edited by Timmio; 08-03-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Tech Mentor

Default thanks!!

i want to say just go for it, at least i will then have the bulk of commands and can see what the effect is and i can change it to my taste if i dont like it, You should just do it how you would map it, im curious to see your effects combos. This would be really awesome of you to go ahead and map this for me. pretend you are doing this for your taste, I need a starting point and i think this could be a great start. yes this is the mapping im using one for deck a and one for deck b

Ok . I'll just use the VCI examples and map it to some cool defaults. If you can then somehow map amounts to your mixer as well then you're done!

I'll make something tonight! (which is in 8 hours or so, as I'm from Holland)

Tech Mentor

I have effects bank 1 completely open for this....thank you so much!!! seriously .
    Last edited by joeymeyer; 08-03-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Damn, I wanted to change a small thing in the TSI, then my Traktor crashed and I had blank settings.. Not only that work on the TSI gone, but also all my settings.

Second time this happens to me, f%$%cking crashes. Too bad that it seems that you really need to save/export everything everytime to assure you don't lose it.

Luckily I got the mappings sorted out on paper first so no settings gone.

So maybe you can do it yourself now, or else I have to assign 'effect on, effect select and effect amount' again for 3 effects * 4 decks (that's at least 36 input's I already did before that damn crash)..

These were the settings I've used (I will type them over, won't scan my post-it

=> REMOVE OLD LOOP FUNCTIONALITY
    Go to the mappings and sort it on function. Search for the 'Loop set/size' functions. There are 4 functions which you need to remove (the have a modifier condition which is M7=1). Just delete those 4.

=> ADD NEW FUNCTIONALITY
    Notice that all these effects needs to be assigned to FX UNIT 1 and a modifier dependancy of M7 = 1 (maybe M2=0 as well??)

ON Button 1
    * Beatmasher - 0.75
    * Delay - 0.2
    * Reverse Grain - 0.5 (although I thought Filter - 0.4 sounded better)

ON BUTTON 2
    * Reverb - 0.75
    * LoFi - 0.2
    * BeatMasher - 0.75

ON BUTTON 3
    * Gator - 0.25
    * LoFi - 0.5
    * Peak Filter - 0.5

ON BUTTON 4
    * After putting in those other 3 you will probably have an idea what you prefer to have here.

This should be enough info to do it yourself now, as I don't want to repeat it again....

Tech Mentor

Default thanks again

thnks again, this got me started in the direction i needed

Great! Check out this tip I received from someone else:
    http://www.traktorbible.com/de/fx_usecases.aspx

This shows some cool fx-combinations used by Richy Hawtin, check out the example sounds!