vci-100se Deck Pitch only moves a teeny bit after inporting tPro .tsi
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default vci-100se Deck Pitch only moves a teeny bit after inporting tPro .tsi

I looked around but didn't see anything related to this...

I imported the .tsi for tPro and all seems well except that when I move the deck pitch sliders on the vci, traktor's pitch slider only moves like a quarter of an inch. any suggestions? could i be stuck in a performance mode or something?

thanks in advance

Tech Wizard

Figured it out

Rotary sensitivity was at 33% .. needed to be at 100

This was how it was set in the DJTT released .tsi for tPro. I wonder if the file needs updated or if it was just something weird with mine?

Anyway mine's fixed now!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ribs View Post
    Figured it out

Rotary sensitivity was at 33% .. needed to be at 100

My pitch barely moves too... Where do I find the rotary sensitivity setting?

Thx!

I've searched around, and I couldn't find the option; could someone just explain where is that option? I'm sure it's something we overlooked, i saw a few posts about this myself..

Tech Wizard

Its not a setting but rather a value in the midi setup of the .tsi file.

I'll list the steps and attach some pics that should help if the steps aren't clear.

1) open up your Traktor Preferences panel, by clicking the button that looks like a gear in the upper right hand corner of Traktor - (step1.jpg)

2) click on "Midi Mapping", the last thing in the list of choices on the left hand side of the Preferences panel - (step2.jpg)

3) scroll down through the list of settings until you find "Tempo". There should be 3 entries, one for deck A, B, and C - (step3.jpg)

4) Select one of the entries by clicking on it. This will allow you to adjust the parameters of the entry. At the bottom of the panel on the right you will see a section called "Rotary Encoder", and in this section there will be a parameter called "Rotary Sensitivity". Change the number in this section (which will be 60 if you are using the newest .tsi from DJTT) to whatever sensitivity you prefer - (step3.jpg). Do this for all three decks. You can follow the chart I made below or set it to whatever you want. I have mine set at 87, or 6%. 100 is 8%, which is the pitch range you would have on turntables, but I find that to be a little too sensitive for the short throw of the VCI's pitch faders.

Thats it! Enjoy

Sensitivity Chart:

52 = 2%
    61 = 3%
    70 = 4%
    80 = 5%
    87 = 6%
    94 = 7%
    100 = 8%

thanks for that tutorial ribs- I appreciate you explaining that.

on the latest update I changed it to 61 = 3% which is equal to the % change per inch on a techniques turntable.

Tech Wizard

No problem Ean, happy to help. I figured there was some kind of logic behind why the pitch was set as such in the latest .tsi. That makes sense now!

Too bad there's no way of setting different sensitivity modes to adjust that value on the fly with a button. That would be a nice feature!

thanks for the answer, but I also understand why it was setup like that. Thanks!

Ahh man thanks this exactly what was bothering me the most. I just posted this question somewhere else I will link it back to this answer.

Thanks guys

SamMc

Quote Originally Posted by ribs View Post
    No problem Ean, happy to help. I figured there was some kind of logic behind why the pitch was set as such in the latest .tsi. That makes sense now!

Too bad there's no way of setting different sensitivity modes to adjust that value on the fly with a button. That would be a nice feature!
    Agreed! This would be a useful feature...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast