MF not reading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MF not reading

Default MF not reading

Ok, first of, im loving my new MF's however I havnt yet been able to get the deckatalised mapping working perfect... At first i thought it was the the usb hubs i have been using as its difficult to source quality brands. I finally got my hands on a logitech and still im having trouble.

Ive followed eans instructions... however in the import and out port tab dropdown tap for device, im only getting one midifighter show up, so i can mage to get one working. The other I have managed to get going using the usb hub selection instead of separate MF but it will the share or double up funvtions with other MF...

what am i doing wrong?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Mentor

Can you try setting up using two USB ports straight into your machine first? (This might mean not having ur sound card in tho but try it anyway with internal soundcard as audio out to get both MF working

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I think first thing to confim is (as mentioned above) that they both work when you take the hub out of the equation. The latest batch of midifighters should be fine on an unpowered hub - but with all the varieties out there its hard to say for sure.

Both MF are working fine separately, however i still cant manage to get a second midifighter show in drop down box fr in and out.

I can get both working when selecting the one MF shown in drop down for deck A and USB device for Deck B, however this results in some buttons such as effects sharing functions on both MF.... Ie, LEDS light up simultaneously.

I have tested various usb hubs, the latest being a logitech and another being a powered usb.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Mentor

Can u try it without a USB hub? Can u set Traktor sound out to be your Internal Soundcard then use the two USB ports on ur mac book.

Also what version of Traktor are you using? Is your signature up to date as it's showing TP1.2.1 which is old.

Try 1. MF straight into the Mac Book 2. Update your version of Traktor by applying the NI updates from them direct.
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Ok, Im running 1.2.6....

Ive tried running my MF's each to one USB hub on my mac but i still cant get 2 MF to show in INPORT & OUTPORT dropdown.

Ive swapped fighters over and tried different usb cables...

with both MF unplugged still one is showing in dropdown.

Is there away I can remove devices from Dropdowns...

I htink im going to redownload 1.2.6..

Tech Mentor

If I remember correctly isn't there a MIDI utility that's in OSX? If u have look in there what can u see when u connect none, each or both MF's? That should help with overall connections but also try to find a mac programme that reads Midi notes, like Midi Ox does on a PC and check that you are receiving Midi notes from either and both MF's.
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Played around with above mentioned midi utility, managed to get 2 seperate MF's showing in dropdown... however problem is still present with 3 FX buttons.... leds on both decks are still lighting up when only one deck is being pressed. The effect itslefg isnt transferring to other deck just the leds indicating. however when freeze is used on deck B it can be switched off pressing freeze on deck A.

this is happening using to seperate usb ports....

Do I need to reflash firmware for MF's ??????

Tech Mentor

Just to check you are just using the Deckalized mapping not any of the Focus mappings?

Have you tried importing the TSI from the global import of TSI rather than just the import within the controller section? This would re-import all controller settings and also the FX settings too. Try exporting your global TSI settings, then going into controller & keyboard section, export those settings too. Then delete all the Midi mappings for the Midi Fighter. Then re-import Deckalized TSI into global settings and see if that helps.

I've only got 1 Midi Fighter and running Windows so I can't model your "2 x MF" issues.

Maybe @Midifidler might be able to help. The LED mapping is slightly out of my depth !
    London - UK

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

You need to have the midifighters on different channels.
    If you look at Robins MF menu tutorial you should be able to figure out how to change 1 of your midifighters to send and receive on channel 2.
    Now you have got them showing up as seperate in the drop down menu this should be the last piece of the puzzle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast