Finaly ordered my Macbook Pro! A few questions and comments though. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Haha yeah. I've had my MBP for 2 years and still feel like I'm missing something when I go to uninstall. But that's all there really is. AppZapper finds all the files associated with that app that may be hidden around your computer and deletes them. Simple as that.
    hmm, i DLed the trial and it has 5 zaps before i have to purchase the full 13$ version.

I'll give it a try.

Also, every time i DL programs, they appear as drives or something on my desktop even though i clearly drag them tp my applications when i am prompted to do so.

why are these drives on my desktop? like it gives me the option to "eject" them but not to uninstall or move to trash

thanks!

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    hmm, i DLed the trial and it has 5 zaps before i have to purchase the full 13$ version.

I'll give it a try.

Also, every time i DL programs, they appear as drives or something on my desktop even though i clearly drag them tp my applications when i am prompted to do so.

why are these drives on my desktop? like it gives me the option to "eject" them but not to uninstall or move to trash

thanks!

Gianmarco
    Ejecting is moving them to the trash. You can also drag them to the trash can in the bottom right.

I think maybe it would be good to browse through some of the PC to Mac tutorials on the Apple website.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'll give it a try.
    I must have pirated mine because I didn't pay for it haha. Oops...

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco

Mac is unix based so applications come packaged in a .dmg format (stands for disk image) so when launched they get mounted as a virtual drive. From there you drag the application from the dmg to your applications folder to "install" it, and after can just "eject" the drive and delete the dmg so you'll only be left with the installed application.
    MacBook Pro // VCI-100 Arcade Edition // MidiFighter // Audio 2 DJ // Ultrasone DJ-1

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Tech Guru

got it. thanks!

also, i used the search bar and after several tries i could not find what i was looking for.

Anyone know were i can find that tutorial vid that goes through setting up traktor on a mac by the click of a button?
    DJEditorHugger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znUwbqczWIg

is one of many on youtube
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    thanksbut thats not the one im ooking for.

in the vid this person oes through how to setup ur mac so that it will change a few settings on ur mac that, for example, will not go on standby while traktor is running, and it then proceeds to load traktor

any thoughts?

thanks!

Gianmarco
    DJEditorHugger

Tech Guru

got it. thanks!

also, i used the search bar and after several tries i could not find what i was looking for.

Anyone know were i can find that tutorial vid that goes through setting up traktor on a mac by the click of a button?

bump for this

danke

Gianmarco
    DJEditorHugger

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

exactly wat i was looking for, much thanks!

on another notw, i was jsut about to pull te trigger and order my mcover tonight, then i stumbled upon this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfq_...eature=related

it is a year old though, has anyone bought one recently and tell me how the quality is now?

thanks

Gianmarco
    DJEditorHugger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123