Finaly ordered my Macbook Pro! A few questions and comments though.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami Florida
    Posts
    953

    Default Finaly ordered my Macbook Pro! A few questions and comments though.

    1. How do I transfer the cue points and stuff from PC to Mac? I read how to do it for Mac-to-Mac, but I do not know if it is the same for PC-to-Mac. Or is it all written ont he ID3 tags of the tracks?

    2. Any tips you all can give me on how I should set it up so it will last me forever and ever and ever and ever? I am going to be running bootcamp for windows, firefox with noscript and adblock, traktor and ,eventually, ableton, and will be taking physical care of it like it is my baby.

    3. I am SO fucking happy to finally upgrade from my fossil of a Lenovo (darn thing blue screened during a great set yesterday, thankfully it was in my room ).

    THANKS!

    Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

    Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

  2. #2
    Tech Wizard Okänd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Skattungbyn, Sweden
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    1. How do I transfer the cue points and stuff from PC to Mac? I read how to do it for Mac-to-Mac, but I do not know if it is the same for PC-to-Mac. Or is it all written ont he ID3 tags of the tracks?
    It's in the ID3 tags (I think, I'm not completely sure but I would guess so).

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    2. Any tips you all can give me on how I should set it up so it will last me forever and ever and ever and ever? I am going to be running bootcamp for windows, firefox with noscript and adblock, traktor and ,eventually, ableton, and will be taking physical care of it like it is my baby.
    All of those applications are available for Mac OS as well so why would you use Bootcamp?

  3. #3
    Tech Guru lethal_pizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maida Vegas, London
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    1) depends on the software you are using. In Traktor, for example, it is stored in the ID3 tags of mp3s or in the collection file for all file types

    2) Wouldn't bother running bootcamp then windows then Traktor, you'd be better off buying a PC
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

  4. #4
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami Florida
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Okänd View Post
    All of those applications are available for Mac OS as well so why would you use Bootcamp?
    some school stuff only works on windows






















    and starcraft 2

    Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

    Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

  5. #5
    DJTT Dominator JesC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    oh dont forget to get some type of case of you mac...if you have a unibody they scratch easily.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

  6. #6
    Tech Wizard Okänd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Skattungbyn, Sweden
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    and starcraft 2
    Also available on Mac.

  7. #7
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami Florida
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Okänd View Post
    It's in the ID3 tags (I think, I'm not completely sure but I would guess so).


    All of those applications are available for Mac OS as well so why would you use Bootcamp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Okänd View Post
    Also available on Mac.
    o i know, but it runs loads better on windows, ill have bootcamp anyways just in case any future classes in the remaining 3 years in college ill be in rewuires windows
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

    Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

  8. #8
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami Florida
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    oh dont forget to get some type of case of you mac...if you have a unibody they scratch easily.
    any 3rd party manufacturers ud recommend? also any coolling pads ud recommend?

    thanks!
    Last edited by GPS; 08-03-2010 at 03:50 PM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

    Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

  9. #9
    DJTT Dominator JesC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    the speck & mcovers are pretty good.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

  10. #10
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami Florida
    Posts
    953

    Default

    sweet ill look into those. Anyone got any recommendations on cooling mats or anything to keep it running nice and cool?

    gpowsang
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

    Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •