new and confused hercules midi and ibook g4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default new and confused hercules midi and ibook g4

Hello Yall I know your just dying to help me! Im new to digital. but im out of resources. I usualy go on utube to find tutorials but no luck. I need help on how to get an old pass down system hook up properly. I have a Hercules dj console the original not the mk or midi model just the basic hercules dj console. an ibook g4 with 1.2 ghz 1gb memory. I use to use a 800mhz ibook g4 that work with an old traktor pro program. I need to manage a software that has my minimum requirments. I have gotten the new traktor but it wont boot up cause it says its not compatible. it needs a higher proccessor 1.6ghz. Please direct me to what I need to do. so I can just get back to learning a midi. I downloaded the virtual dj program but it wont map thru my midi properly. it has major issues on the mapper. HELP!

You might find it hard to get help with TPro because NI and Apple dropped support for the G4 a while ago, no new mappings will load into the old version of the software, and the midi mapping setup has changed a lot since then so people are unlikely to remember how it works.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

what should I do. im trying to find an old program thru Torrent but no luck my new software is to new for my ibook.

I would say to try to find someone to sell you a old traktor 3 serial or see if someone can hook you up with a copy of traktor 3 le. Good luck and please not talk of warez or torrents.

Por favor!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

thanks. and yes i will

Tech Convert

Its sad I havent got an answer from None of Y'all.............. issue with tech is they forget where they come from. as long ur shit works you have no comment. Its like ur asking these wanna be no rythm syncing dj's to already have your fake as gear just to be able to help them at your level. well I remember when we started from no mk2 Technics and it was a rotary pitch control on belt drives. but our mentors and those we mentor thru time never told one dj it takes a 1200 mk2s n a great mixer to be a great DJ.

All I want is a simple maybe 4 years back old set up with an Ibook 1.2 and an old hand me down original Hercules DJ Console(no mk2 rmx midi none of that. Damn HERCULES company dont even have info on their website cause its that old) midi. I got it to work on an old ibook 800mhz with traktor 1.1.2 but the program n computer is shot. Im just a few years behind in technology. not that bad for an old analog collector(vinyl afficianado, beat junky) but i got to play keep up with all you young folks so help an old mentor out. Ill gladly pass the knowledge to those that needs it. im just new to this!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What purpose would it serve to remember how to use old software that's outdated and never going to be used again? JesC is right though, your best bet is to try and find an old copy of Traktor 3 or something along those lines that might still run with your computer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by djpfrank View Post
    Its sad I havent got an answer from None of Y'all....
    I told you what you needed to do...and it was to get a [legit] copy of Traktor 3 or Traktor 3 LE.

Buddy...the Hercules DJ was my 1st dj/midi controller. I know that controller better than a VCI-100 or my M-16. I was using Traktor 3 since it came out...until last week when I finally started using Traktor Pro.

Here are the links for the firmware update/software/manual for the Hercules DJ Console (MAC)

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php...pid=158&cid=11

Suerte
    Last edited by JesC; 08-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I think everyone here has been focusing on T-pro for a while now, no one is dogging you for trying to get set up with an older [legit] copy of traktor 3 and an older laptop. When I first came on the forum I was running T3 off a slow desktop xp machine with no controller. It may take some time for some of the guru's to chime in but if they can get you straight you can bet they will.

I may have my copy of Traktor 3 I could sell you. I'd have to burn you a disc as I downloaded direct from NI. I haven't used it for some time. The serial is legit and should be transferable. Just make sure if you are gonna go this route that it will work for you.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Convert

Thanks for the comments. my dumb ass did have the old one saved on my portable 1tb. LMFAO Im still new to the computer so i just got it downloaded. Thanks again for the encouragement. but like I said "as mentors n teachers DONT FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM. same broke ass old programs some of us are still using. i dont have my equivalent gear compared to a profesional DJ analog equipment on a computer. and I belive I dont need to follow some elite company to produce as good of a mix better than what you spend thousands of dollar on! because it cost another $200 for an upgrade. the only difference is im carrying less and more portable, Ill still take my live equipment over data anyday im just playing keep up!

Have A Nice Day!

p.s. Ill still need all your expertise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast