$$$

Thread: $$$

Default $$$

how much do you normally charge for a simple gig? (2 speakers and a sub, no lights, nothing fancy)

im considering doing a few gigs like this to get some extra cash, but i have no idea how much people should pay me for that. i dont want to go over, because im not an arse, but i dont want to undercut other djs who make their living from this

Sounds like the typical basement party for me, I have my own lights guy who has three panels of LED's and about 5 other lights , I normally do free drinks and 50 bucks, or free gig and a few free keg cups...whatever you're feeling. In my situation its nice to just get your name out there

yeah, but once i have the cash/ once i get my licence (hint hint) i want to do more

i might be doing something like what i said in the OP and they agreed to $150

Sounds more like it would depend on the gig:
    All-girl pillow fight party: $0
    WWF Fan Club Social: $1,000,000.

I do these type of gigs for $100-$500. Private parties, bar nights and gigs for friends go on the low end and corporate gigs or big parties go for more. You've got the right idea in not low-balling gigs. I start a little higher on the pay scale and let people talk me down to fit their budget. I often ask people what their budget is, then say "well I usually charge (about $100 more than they want to spend) for this kind of gig, but I could do it for ($50 more than they want to spend)".

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    . I often ask people what their budget is, then say "well I usually charge (about $100 more than they want to spend) for this kind of gig, but I could do it for ($50 more than they want to spend)".
    I use do this all the time with photography quotes. Sometimes it works out in your favor when you would have quoted something at say $300 and they say their budget is $500.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

i do graduation parties for around 500, school dances and stuff for 150, then other private parties for around 200

Charge more if you have to haul and set up your own audio. And make sure you're making enough to at least cover your expenses for the night. No sense in playing for people you don't know if you're losing money on the venture. If you're not getting paid for a gig, there should be a political or promotional thing to gain from it. Bottom line is, you should get something out of it
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    Bottom line is, you should get something out of it
    + the universe. never play at a loss, whether it be financial or not

gpowsang
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud