"The Bloody Beetroots are not dance music" says Busy P. What's your opinion? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I could keep going, but I wouldn't be too quick to label the bloody beetroots noisy or harsh, I know a lot of it is (which I still love), but a lot also isn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VPeoUu45wc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XBc_udK3no
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfIAVRZvsXg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wae0s5lNU-Y

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    ...Aoki and Dim Mak...
    damn electro wannabe punk rock whippersnappers...either your punk rock or not.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Aoki , does suck

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastams View Post
    Aoki , does suck
    well id still see him live, cuz he is one hell of an act

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

One night (a couple of years ago) I was chilling with a couple buddies spinning records and playing around with my friend's "robot" setup. At that point, another friend said that he was really diggin' The Bloody Beetroots.

I had no idea who they were.

So I went home and youtubed them, and while a couple songs are cool, it's too much for me. This is coming from a guy who lives and breathes DnB, Dubstep, and Electro house.

I just can't follow the beat. Well, I can. But the other stuff gets in the way, or some of the sounds just aren't pleasant. I can also say that my wife abhors it even more than some of the other stuff I've played around her.

I've had the chance to see them live twice at big events, and I've always passed to go see another act. While I admit I appreciate what they are doing, and can listen to a tune or two, I can not get down with it like I can with other styles of music for the most part.

Really though, to each their own.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

never heard of bloody beetroots till now.i dont think busy p was really slating them,just saying thats not where he envisioned the music that he was releasing to progress to. i have a few edbanger tracks though and will be buying the carte blanche one so if he was after plublicity he got my attention.

whilst djing i came up with this.i read this thread and thought seeing as some of you said you like sebastian and i've just bought the basic ableton i would try and do it properly,saved my attempt and hijacked my daughters youtube account and posted it for you.hope you like
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MXyyQUFe7M
    [youtube]

Tech Mentor

those bloody beetroots make me feel like and old man.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    i would like to hear what he has to say about dubstep....cant really dance to that
    I can dog dubstep....can;t dance to it tho.

Coming from a scene where i have played 145 approx for 10 years.....its just too damn slow!

The original Dubstep i liked....but the newish stuff.....is going the beetroots way.

The noisier...the better it seems.

Not in my book.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    I can dog dubstep....can;t dance to it tho.

Coming from a scene where i have played 145 approx for 10 years.....its just too damn slow!

The original Dubstep i liked....but the newish stuff.....is going the beetroots way.

The noisier...the better it seems.

Not in my book.
    like a bad stand-comic?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Miec View Post

Has "noisy electro" reached the point where it is more noise than music?

Is Busy P right when he says that "[The Bloody Beetroots are] like punk-rock and the kids are not dancing anymore, they’re just stage-diving and jumping around.”?

!
    I remember when the same thing was said about Prodigy, people called it the punk crossover then after gilted generation came out. When I've been to their gigs there have been hard core rockers next to neon ravers.

I remember when rapture first came out and they called it the indie dance crossover.

That it may be but who cares, if you like it great, if you don't then don't bother. I think Busy P not calling it dance music is a little bit strong cos it is, i think we can all agree on that but it's just another arm of it. There's loads of blurred grey areas in EDM. That's why we love it!!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast