"The Bloody Beetroots are not dance music" says Busy P. What's your opinion? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Shiftee played really at our Midi Fight Club.
    To keep the vibe up I started of with a bunch of Bloody Beetroots-tracks.
    The crowd responded pretty well to it so I brought them down later on with some more general electro-stuff.

Their stuff is definitely not anyones taste, but they got a lot of good peak-time bangers.
    I also had big problems playing a similar set to a tired crowd which wasn't really into them.

Thats the set: http://fairtilizer.com/track/139743
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

6-7 AM? Damn I wish people partied that long over here in the states!
    Awsome set by the way

LOL

I used to have residency at a club called Upstairs.

On a Thursday night (friday morning) my set was from 4am till 7am.

You would think people would be on their way to work and shit......but NO!

Even got booed at 7am when i finished....they wanted MORE!

I only had time to go home, shower and head to work!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I guess I'm due for some traveling!

USed to be like that....

Now the bar is closed at 2am....and the club must be closed ...lights off etc at 4am.

CRAP!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

just breezed through this thread and can't check the vid now, but I have say, there is really a trend of not actually dancing and just sort of flailing about and pogoing and fist-pumping associated with hype-driven, breakbeatish, crossover type music (at least stateside and outside of the swank city clubs)
    the departure from dancing rythmically to a groove by the new blood is alarming in that the concept of the prime form of EDM is shifting to a more "concert-type" and "short songs & short sets" environment, it's fun and energetic, but the crowd's lack of attention span can disappointing if you come from an all night party background, i definitely think this has implications for a schizm/transition to a new wave of EDM that abandons the original concepts and ideas of techno/house/rave completely, in fact we may be there already with guys like beardyman and glitch mob, live pa may overwhelm djing (it has in some places) and we may all be put on the back burner like disco in the early 80s...

busy p is probably just venting, he's a moody frenchman who is under-respected for all the work he has done, and he's probably just saying moody frenchman stuff, which he has a right to do, I wouldn't be so harsh on him, put yourself in his shoes...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234