"The Bloody Beetroots are not dance music" says Busy P. What's your opinion?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default "The Bloody Beetroots are not dance music" says Busy P. What's your opinion?

"The Bloody Beetroots are not dance music" says Busy P

I thought this was an interesting read and I definitely have to agree with Busy P in some points, so I'm interested in your opinions on the matter.

Has "noisy electro" reached the point where it is more noise than music?

Is Busy P right when he says that "[The Bloody Beetroots are] like punk-rock and the kids are not dancing anymore, they’re just stage-diving and jumping around.”?

What do you think of Mehdi's new project Carte Blanche?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVv_pVsTXyQ

About this genre of music in general... do you personally like it? Do you spin it? Is this stuff still popular in your area? What will the next releases of the Ed Banger crew sound like?

Tell me what you think!

Tech Mentor

I'm not really quite sure what they are myself anymore.

But whatever they are they're still very very fucking good

Quote Originally Posted by Miec View Post
    "The Bloody Beetroots are not dance music" says Busy P

I thought this was an interesting read and I definitely have to agree with Busy P in some points, so I'm interested in your opinions on the matter.

Is Busy P right when he says that "[The Bloody Beetroots are] like punk-rock and the kids are not dancing anymore, they’re just stage-diving and jumping around.”?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVv_pVsTXyQ

About this genre of music in general... do you personally like it? Do you spin it? Is this stuff still popular in your area? What will the next releases of the Ed Banger crew sound like?

Tell me what you think!
    Pedro (Busy p's) label is what I love, and well dancing is all in the eyes of the dancer. The Bloody BR have some catchy tunes as well, It's like Quentin Dupieux's music, (Mr Oizo) it's awsome music but you can't dance to all of it.

Tech Wizard

"[The Bloody Beetroots are] like punk-rock and the kids are not dancing anymore, they’re just stage-diving and jumping around.” i think it's true if you've ever seen people go to noisy electro evenings you'll notice that it's not normal house-listeners there but mostly "alternatives" who listen to rock or punk mainly (at least here in germany).
    don't like that noisy electro and didn't like it when i first heard it. a bit noise is okay, but i need straight beats and a melody. the track in the original post is okay though, kinda cool.

Tech Wizard

I'm sorry, is Busy P the be all end all of judges as to what Dance Music is?

I didn't think so, worry less about other people and focus more on yourself, thanks. We have enough haters/doubters in the world, we certainly don't need fellow EDM producers telling other EDM producers that their music isn't music.

Quote Originally Posted by Miec View Post

Tell me what you think!
    Isn't Busy P. the guy who released "Dog" by sebastiAn???? That's one of the most hardcore, anti-house song's i've ever heard. And one of my favorite songs at the moment.
    I think he's just mad that The Bloody Beetroots are with Aoki and Dim Mak, and that Bob Rifo is possible one of the most talented artist out right now. One things for sure, i keep my eye out for every Beetroots release, and just kinda skim over the Ed Banger Releases.

With that said, i do like Carte Blanche. That track has some really cool elements and i think i'll pick it up.

Also, about this "Genre"... I don't know if i would really call it a genre, because it seems to vary quite a bit. If you listen to Romborama there are several very different genre's on it. Take "Second Streets Have No Name", it's melodic with airy vocals and a slower electro beat... and a touch of vocoder, more like some synth-pop. Now take "Awesome" and "Come La", hard glitch hop. Now "Warp" classic electro banger. Then "Little Stars" is like a nice little symphonic poem or Sonata.
    If the genre is being based on Dirty saw/square wave synths, with complete disregard for the music in questions structure, then yes i love that genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Isn't Busy P. the guy who released "Dog" by sebastiAn????
    Yes he is, but he didn't produce it, SebastiAn produced that tune.

I know, but i was thinking about when he said he wanted to releasing more classic house music. How is something like "Dog" anywhere close to classic. My bet is he has really pissed of SebastiAn with his comments.

Tech Guru

Well a lot of bangers these days I consider jsut noise (that is how I distinguish house from electro when I try to explain the difference on a very basic level to other ppl ).

But not all the beetroots tracks are jsut "noise." I consider dimmakmunication quite a "dance" track in my honest opinion.

Bangers like warp and cornelius are something more to jam the hell out to than dance.

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I thought this was a strange move for P. As it came days after EXIT festival, where he played an almost all dubstep set, nothing really classic housey about it.

I think he was just trying to build up some interest in Carte Blanche, who by the way, I do really love.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast