MPD24 & Traktor Pro - Modifier Issues
    Tech Wizard

Default MPD24 & Traktor Pro - Modifier Issues

Hello all,

I've left Ableton to pick up Traktor Pro and I'm having a couple of issues when setting up modifiers. I am using the Akai MPD24.

I have set one of the pads as the 'shift' button. The encoders therefore have 2 functions. Although it has been set up correctly, and the shift button is working, when I use the multiple functions, upon going to the modified function, the values jump. Similar to how you would see if you used knobs instead of endless encoders.

I assume this is a problem with the message going back and forth from the midi controller.

Any advice on how I can get around this?

Thanks,

PGB

Check the "Soft Takeover" option for each of the knobs in you mapping. This should solve your problem.

The MPD24's encoders are not endless, much to my dissatisfaction. I had one of those too.

Drew is right, your only hope is soft takeover, which can also be a pain, especially since you have no way of knowing what value the knob currently is.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It just takes a glance at the screen, though. Not a huge issue, in the end.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall