pa speakers

Thread: pa speakers

Default pa speakers

another member reminded me to post this

are these any good?
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...23-i1449710.gc
    i need cheap but reliable pa speakers.

Not sure, I got the Mackie Thump 15a, they're "relatively" cheap, have a decent sound and bass , yet are fairly lightweight.. dunno if you plan to carry around your speakers a lot

Tech Guru

I am pretty sure those are the ones a club that i frequesnt uses as reference montors on the booth. i dunno how they fare for live use as non-reference speakers though

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

A friend of mine uses the same model as his monitor when gigging out.... seems ok.

Tech Mentor

dont go cheap when buying a PA. I am on my 4th PA and finally have something I am decently happy with for now. You will regret buying something of not good quality or power

Tech Convert

those are eight (8) inch speakers - although unpopular in gear snob circles, i like behringer products for the value - these ones are acceptable for home use to practice djing (if you want to be a good neighbor) and for booth monitors because of their compact size and also that they will not bust your eardrums next to your head - however, for the price, you can absolutely find something bigger and better for your mids and up - also, do not use these for studio monitors

for very small gigs in small spaces, your bare minimum is going to be a 500 watt 18 inch sub woofer in a reflex box and around 300watts each 2x10 inch speaker /highs monitors, preferably active pa for portability and ease of setup, I cannot stress enough how the subwoofers are the foundation of a PA and should really be where you place most of your effort and money - if you really want it super easy and thought free, there are setups offered by B-52 and some other companies that will get you started for under $1000, but for the money and if you have the resources, building your own rig always yields more impressive results, and makes you feel more of a sense of accomplishment...

check out the b-52 matrix systems for reference

thanks guys
    i already had a sub in mind because i dont want to murder the PAs
    and if i were to buy these it would be for small things till i get the cash to get a proper system going
    but sadly i dont know how many gigs ill be able to get (im not going into the business, im just trying to make some extra $$$) so i might as well wait till i get some more holiday/ birthday money and buy proper stuff on the first go, and if i have trouble getting gigs i could always use them at home