Sync Traktor across 2 laptops
    Tech Wizard

Default Sync Traktor across 2 laptops

I'm planning to start a 2 man DJ act aimed at clubs who play different genres at different times of the night. I play house music and I would like to partner with an R&B/ Hip Hop DJ so that we can keep a crowd going all night (I don't enjoy playing R&B).

I would however like to make it a performance more than just taking turns to play - dropping hip hop samples over house beats and vice versa. My prospective partner is going to have to be a digital DJ as well, and as such I would like to have our Traktor sessions synced so that we can effectively play together - I can drop samples in time over his beats and he can drop an acapella over a house track I'm playing from my laptop.

Is there a way to sync Traktor pro across laptops to make this possible?

I think that this will be a fun (and popular) experiment and that with some preparation and practice we could put together some truly memorable sets.

me and a buddy of mine just had a 4hr long jam session with me on Traktor and him on Serato. both playing hip hop and house. We Just beatmatched by ear. it went really well.

look in the faq, there's a couple of articles in there.

however, i think the sync is overrated, just beatmatch them manually, you can both read bpm readouts and work a pitch fader and pitch bend so wouldn't be too difficult

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud