Traktor Scratch Pro playing songs too fast...

Default Traktor Scratch Pro playing songs too fast...

Hey,

This may be hard to describe, hopefully everyone will understand :S
    I'll use last night / today as an example to describe it..

Last night i was mucking around in Traktor with my headphones in.
    All was working fine.

This morning i wake up without my headphones in and start Traktor. It asks me to do the audio set again, which i select my internal sound card, and the "speakers and duel headphones out 0/1" which is the normal setting for me...

All songs which i load into Traktor however play too fast.. The only way to make them play normal speed is to adjust the pitch bend to about -8%...

However, when i exit Traktor, plug my headphones back in and reload Traktor, i am prompted with the Audio setup once more and once again choose my internal sound card... This time however, i have the additional option in the output routing of choosing (SPDIF Digital out via HP Dock - Out 0/1) This option is chosen by default by Traktor, however no sound plays from my speakers / headphones.

I then change the output routing to "speakers and duel headphones out 0/1" and songs now play as they should through my headphones. I can remove my headphones and the songs play as they should through my laptop speakers...

I'm guessing this problem has something to do with my soundcard, whether it isnt properly being recognised when no headphones are connected? I really have no idea though :S
    Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this, and a possible solution to fixing it?

Im using Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4 on a HP Pavilian dv5 running Windows 7

Thanks heaps,
    fusion

Note: Also just noticed, my card changes from "4 in / 4 out" with no headphones attached, to "4 in / 6 out" when then are
    Last edited by fusion; 02-14-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Solved it by disabling something in the Sound part of my Control Panel..
    Thanks heaps anyway

fusion

Do you use ASIO drivers fusion?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Umm not sure. Is there a way i can check?

Thanks for your reply
    fusion.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Hey,

This may be hard to describe, hopefully everyone will understand :S
    I'll use last night / today as an example to describe it..

Last night i was mucking around in Traktor with my headphones in.
    All was working fine.

This morning i wake up without my headphones in and start Traktor. It asks me to do the audio set again, which i select my internal sound card, and the "speakers and duel headphones out 0/1" which is the normal setting for me...

All songs which i load into Traktor however play too fast.. The only way to make them play normal speed is to adjust the pitch bend to about -8%...

However, when i exit Traktor, plug my headphones back in and reload Traktor, i am prompted with the Audio setup once more and once again choose my internal sound card... This time however, i have the additional option in the output routing of choosing (SPDIF Digital out via HP Dock - Out 0/1) This option is chosen by default by Traktor, however no sound plays from my speakers / headphones.

I then change the output routing to "speakers and duel headphones out 0/1" and songs now play as they should through my headphones. I can remove my headphones and the songs play as they should through my laptop speakers...

I'm guessing this problem has something to do with my soundcard, whether it isnt properly being recognised when no headphones are connected? I really have no idea though :S
    Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this, and a possible solution to fixing it?

Im using Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4 on a HP Pavilian dv5 running Windows 7

Thanks heaps,
    fusion

Note: Also just noticed, my card changes from "4 in / 4 out" with no headphones attached, to "4 in / 6 out" when then are
    Same thing happens to me if i use my internal soundcard, all my tunes play to fast if i close restart woth audio 8 then evrything is fine. Don't have a clue

Hm, thanks for your reply about using the audio 8, because im looking at buying the audio 2 one day, and was hoping everything would function normally with it..

Cheers
    fusion

Tech Convert

Fusion, do you remember what exactly you disabled? I just bought the Audio 2 DJ interface - all was fine, 20 minutes later my song list gets jacked with increased speeds just as you described. From what i caught, you were using an internal audio card but I'm thinking your solution might be a good start into my similar occurance. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

If you are using an internal soundcard, install asio4all. You'll get better performance, and your OS won't keep resetting your cards bitrate to the wrong setting.

Audio2 - make sure you are running the ASIO driver which is NOT the one with (x in, x out) in the device name.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

I just figured out what was going wrong and is fixed now.
    Thanks for the quick reply though Lethal Pizzle.