What controller/ laptop stands do you use?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What controller/ laptop stands do you use?

I don't have any stands for my gear, and i'm looking at purchasing some, because it just looks bad and is annoying having to bend over like the hunchback of notre dame to mix using my midi controller (see photo)

so i was wondering how you all have your midi controllers and laptops setup to be ergonomically friendly? And also which stands do you use?
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

after looking at several, i settled on

http://store.roadreadycases.com/dyn_prod.php?p=RRFSSS

and already feel it was the best purchase for my needs. people say it isn't that mobile, but it breaks down into 2 large plates, 1 center cylindrical stand, and 1 serato plate.

the kicker - the website had some database / pricing problem and they were selling it for $79.99 for the last couple of weeks. glad to see i got it just in time.

definitely worth the price, the thing is rock solid.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Your still going to be bent over to use the controller. Might look at getting a flight case to set everything on top of and to raise the controller.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i use a uberstand & ghetto made in china regular laptop stand
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

i have the oddessy L stand...the legs are pretty weak so it wobbles a bit but it still gets the job done.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Tech Convert

I put the computer at least on a milk crate or something similar. Even a cardboard box. I always have a hanging, like a batik, with me to drape over the box. It's a little thing but makes the DJ table look much better!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ANok? View Post
    i have the oddessy L stand...the legs are pretty weak so it wobbles a bit but it still gets the job done.
    Same, I use one for my maschine, it is a little wobbly though but extremely cheap on ebay

harden up. bad backs are par for the course. that being said i am looking forward to my crane stand turning up. last couple of parties it would have been handy.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'm kicking myself for not picking up a Crane stand when I was at DJ TechTools... Currently I use a Rain M-stand from the apple store, sturdy as hell but not very portable.

Next time I get anything from the store, I'll get the Crane for the lappy and then put the VCI on the Rain. For house parties it will be the business and elevate my equipment from the beer floods (been lucky so far).

I really like the look of the Uberstand, but every time I think about getting one I'm irked by how rickety it feels. Just picturing my lappy swaying in the breeze freaks me out.

Phil.

P.S. Excellent shot of you rockin' the Spin. It's for situations like that one that I picked one up. Really pleased so far. Does your lappy get hot in that hard case?
    Last edited by pilmat; 08-09-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Photo kudos
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Guru

Most of the time I have my lappy on my crane stand and my vci underneath

I usually bring something to elevate my controller though, like my bio textbook

But when the opportunity comes along that I can put my laptop on something elevated, I put my controller on my crane stand

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast