How to use a MIC while djaying

Default How to use a MIC while djaying

Hey all,

I purchased a mic, that I use to plug into my mic input on my vestax spin, and I have it going through, through audio, on deck C in Traktor. I've tried to use the mic while music is playing and all I get is feedback...is this normal? and how do I address this issue, because i'd like to be able to do shout outs while the music is playing. The mic works perfectly fine, when no music is playing.

I know this is an extremely nooby question, just i would really like to get this working seeing as I'll be having my buddy join me at gigs to MC for me while I spin. And also, for myself to MC on occasion as well.

thanks in advance,
    -BMO
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Best advice I can give you is to turn it off. Let your mixes dazzle the audience.

Yep, the best advice I can give is that you keep the mic solely for clubbing zombies around the head with when they invade the booth.

Seriously though, you've answered your own question. You are getting feedback. Turn off your monitors when you shout out and duck the volume of the music too.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud