OT: iPhone Screen Protectors

Default OT: iPhone Screen Protectors

Just moved up from a dumb phone to an iPhone (3GS, I'll let them sort out the 4). Also picked up the iSkin solo fx case and it came with two screen protectors, mirror and anti-glare. Started with the mirror, but: 1.its way too flash for me; 2.darkens the screen too much; 3.affects the touch sensitivity a lot. So its gone already...

Doing a google search, I found that Apple does not recommend any protection (sells more phones?) and that a lot of users go bareback. I have always had one on my touch and iPad, but also didn't like how it affected the touch sensitivity (especially the iPad).

What is the community up to? Protected or sans? And what's your experience with either?

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Guru

bestskinsever.com

I don't know what it's made out of but it's unbelievable. I had an original iPhone for a long time and it kept the screen in mint condition the entire time I had it. And unlike the cheap screen protector (from best buy) I have on my iPhone 4 at the moment, this doesn't leave any air bubbles and doesn't effect screen performance at all. It's like it's not even there. Plus it's cheaper then anything you can get in store and works 10x better.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I used a screen protector on my 3G, but it was in an Otterbox for more than half it's life and it's got a screen protector built in. I'm going bareback on my 4 right now though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Forgot to add that I do have a tiny scratch on my screen now.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x