Question about Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Question about Traktor Pro

Hi folks, brand new to the site so go easy.

Just got a couple of questions relating to Traktor Pro.

I currently have a Macbook, and after a few years of getting dragged around, I'm thinking it maybe time to upgrade to a Macbook Pro.

How can I transfer.....

1. My Traktor Pro software to the new laptop? I can't seem to remember where I put my serial number....

2. Transfer all of my Beatport music files? Can I do this wirelessly with migration assistant in Mac applications? I dont seem to have a firewire connection on my Macbook.

Any suggestions welcolme.

Can see me spending a lot of time in here, some interesting stuff.

Cheers.

1. I haven't bought Traktor Pro yet (waiting until we have actual information on that new teased version/controller video and for my VCI-100SE to get here) but if I click on the Traktor logo in the upper left corner there's a line that says Serial Number there so I would assume that's what you should write down and just input in the service center on your new computer after you've redownloaded your software from NI (or just downloaded the trial again). Maybe you need to unregister the number first, I don't know, I haven't had to deal with it before.

2. Beatport music is just mp3's or wav's, copy them like you would copy any file from any computer to another. External harddrive, flash drive, burn discs, network, move the actual hardrive over or something.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Okänd View Post
    1. I haven't bought Traktor Pro yet (waiting until we have actual information on that new teased version/controller video and for my VCI-100SE to get here) but if I click on the Traktor logo in the upper left corner there's a line that says Serial Number there so I would assume that's what you should write down and just input in the service center on your new computer after you've redownloaded your software from NI (or just downloaded the trial again). Maybe you need to unregister the number first, I don't know, I haven't had to deal with it before.

2. Beatport music is just mp3's or wav's, copy them like you would copy any file from any computer to another. External harddrive, flash drive, burn discs, network, move the actual hardrive over or something.
    Cheers Okand.

As regards to Traktor, I seem to rememeber that if it is registered to one computer, then you can't put it on another?

I remember I had this problem a while ago when I bought a Hercules with Traktor LE, with the SN. NI would not let me register the full version.

Ta for the Beatport info, just wasn't sure.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YOGI View Post
    Cheers Okand.

As regards to Traktor, I seem to rememeber that if it is registered to one computer, then you can't put it on another?
    You can have Traktor on two computers at once. PC or Mac or both doesn't matter.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Your registration details will be in the NI Service Center and online at NI support.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Thanks guys.