correcting a cue point

Default correcting a cue point

in Traktor Pro, sometimes when i add a cue point to a kick or snare in a beat its not getting an exact drop?? how do i correct an already set cue point so its perfectly aligned to the beat?

or how do i drop a cue point on the fly knowing its perfect and requires no editing?

am i missing an automatic snap mode or something similar?

apreciate the help
    cheers

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

There is an automatic snap mode. In the top bar, the center panel there are 6 buttons (Snap, CD, something else on one side). Snap puts it in snap mode. Just keep in mind you need your beat grids for this to work
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

what i do to make sure my grid is absolutely on beat, i first lay down my cue point, then make a 1 bar loop, turn on tick and then align the grid untill the tick and the beat is excatley on top of each other.
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Quote Originally Posted by VoOFA View Post
    what i do to make sure my grid is absolutely on beat, i first lay down my cue point, then make a 1 bar loop, turn on tick and then align the grid untill the tick and the beat is excatley on top of each other.
    If you do this for the start of the song, then grab another loop at the end of th song and do the same thing, then go back to the start of the song and make sure that the start is still on time you will get perfectly gridded songs that dont need any pitch bending\pitch changes to get them in time.

cheers guys. i dont get my head around the tick function in the new T.Pro. there used 2 be a way 2 set the clock to master and then sync the decks to it...what happened with that in thsi new version?

if i set a bar up in T.Pro as suggested then the loop is all fine but the tick is all over the place...

are you saying that i should mix to the clock rather then mixing a deck to another deck?

im probably missing somehting basic?

Honestly, I don't use that stuff to set the grid. I do it by eye and sound.

Set your marker as a hotcue. Set a command to Jump to Hot Cue. When you hit the button is it at the kick, or close? Fine tune it. Then just check through the track and you're fine.

*shrug* Setting it to the master clock assumes you know what the tempo should be in the first place. This kills two birds with one stone
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DvlsAdvct, thanx man.

brings me back to what i first asked in this thread. can you explaing 2 me how to correct a cue point on say, the first kick.

when i set a cue point i've got snap on, deos that mean that it'll always snap perfectly or do i still need to adjust that first cue point. if so, how do i fine-tune it..??

cheers

You need to make sure the grid is set properly. If it isn't then no, it won't snap to the beat. The SNAP function just lines whatever cue point you drop to the grid.

So if the grid is right, the cue point will snap correctly. if it hasn't been manually set then I can make no guarantees
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall