Chicago djs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicago djs

fuck....where i live it sucks. im one of the few that listens to EDM at my school, im the only dj (im getting this one girl into it though) and come to think of it, i think im the only guy at my school who listens to dubstep and isnt a stoner...
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

where you from theory?

I'm in Chicago, lived in Champaign for the last seven years. There are a few good DJs down there but there are a LOT of egomaniacal dbags that somehow have gotten to be quite popular down there. I used to do deep house and hip hop sets around the area.

im in a suberb. about 20 minutes away from streamwood (just to give you a rough idea) i dont really want to say
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Im here in the south suburbs.
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

bump

Growtesk what do you play? I've got an in at a fairly large venue in the SW burbs that I'm going to be promoting for. I'm looking to get a few DJ's inline for a bi-monthly action sports themed party which will turn into a weekly bike night in the summer. Trying to get as far away from Top 40 as possible and feel the action sports videos will help justify the change in music. Anyone interested please get at me. Sitting down with the owner and manager early next week to discuss budgets and more. Promotion will also be part of your gig and I have a system lined up to pay u bonuses for getting people to the bar.

I'm kinda leaning towards more of a dubstep, mash-up, thugstep, and hip-hop sound. Techno not so much, ghetto house all day. Grimey. Place has incredible sound for dated equipment. Bass hits insane. There are also projectors and lighting that we could utilize. There are some default lighting things programmed but I'd like to see some montage stuff on the projectors.

Sorry for the multiple posts but thought I should mention they have timecode capable CDJ's, not sure exactly what model they are but I know they are there. I will get more info about the set-up soon. You will be more than welcome to bring any controller set up you want and I will personally be getting a S4 that you may be able to use after we establish a relationship. For now I have a SCS3 system with TPro. I have the default Tpro and a custom made preset with 4 fx unit control and some great feeling scratch control. There are also all kinds of beatjump and loop controls as well as a 8 button hot cue.

Quote Originally Posted by norequest View Post
    bump

Growtesk what do you play? I've got an in at a fairly large venue in the SW burbs that I'm going to be promoting for. I'm looking to get a few DJ's inline for a bi-monthly action sports themed party which will turn into a weekly bike night in the summer. Trying to get as far away from Top 40 as possible and feel the action sports videos will help justify the change in music. Anyone interested please get at me. Sitting down with the owner and manager early next week to discuss budgets and more. Promotion will also be part of your gig and I have a system lined up to pay u bonuses for getting people to the bar.
    hit me with a PM man, I play hip-hop/electro some dubstep, lots of baltimore style tracks, dirty house. pretty much anything raunchy haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12