Chicago djs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago djs

Default Chicago djs

Who's from the chicago area on here? I think it'd be cool to get up with some other chicagoland dj techtoolers.

Check out Derrick Carter.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I am! I don't post all too often, but I'm constantly lurking.

here i am
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

does anyone have any ins on playing some gigs in the area? I played a few nights in dekalb a while ago, but that club shut down. and ever since, I've been pretty much at a loss to find a club spot. As of now, I'm the dj for a semi pro basketball team here in Kankakee, and I do small events here and there, but I'm tryin to land a club gig so I can stop playing justin beiber haha

lol. Not really I've never played a club in chicago. I go to school in Champain right no. Champaign actually has a pretty big edm/dj scene here. I know quite a few of the dj's i champaign play in Chicago. I recommend you make a very good promo mix and a really nice press kit and send it to the bars in Chicago. Some of the bars really like giving local dj's a chance so if you send them quality they may be willing to work with you.
    Here is a helpful link http://smartblogchicago.com/news/5-t...ms_ss=facebook

thanks for the link. I may have to come party at some spots in champaign, I head down there every few weeks since I'm not that far up I57. I havent hit a joint there playing house yet

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    thanks for the link. I may have to come party at some spots in champaign, I head down there every few weeks since I'm not that far up I57. I havent hit a joint there playing house yet
    There are some pretty popular events. Most places don't play house on the regular, but they have weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly events that are very popular. There's Electro vs. Dubstep-monthly (300+ people showed up for the last one), Dubstep Massacre/Dubstep Masquerade-monthly (this event has a loyal fan base and what ever club its held at fills to capacity before 11pm), Let the bass Kick-monthly I think (this event is just starting, but is showing promise the first one is this weekend), and there is discotech-weekly (this event is a chill event where all varieties of edm are played). Ha I'm actually about to go to discotech now actually. In addition to he big dj scene there is also a lot of producers (myself included) that collab and learn/teach each other. It's really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    If youre that far south you might as well stop by Eastern Illinois University. It's about an hour past champagne and that's where I go to school. Just saying.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

oh I know Charlston well. EIU hosts the high state track meet there every year so I ran there in high school and a few times in college

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast