Rain Livebook

Thread: Rain Livebook

Default Rain Livebook

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'd really rather have a laptop that is windows based and buying a macbook pro and running bootcamp just seems kind of silly to me. I feel like a lot of the issues windows users get is from not properly optimizing their system (which I already know how to do well) or hardware/driver issues(I feel like this is the issue more of the time). I feel like this laptop would be incredible for djing/production as all of the hardware is tested for both. Thanks in advance for the input.
    p.s DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A MAC VS PS DEBATE.

http://rainrecording.com/products/livebook/

Tech Guru

Well not to turn this into a Mac vs. PC thing, but to anyone who says that a PC is always reasonably priced, look no further than Rain Livebooks lol.

For $1299 (the cheapest they got) you get really mediocre specs. For $400 on top of that, you start out with standard specs which most Asus laptops on Newegg can knock out of the park.

I actually have considerable experience in the technology field, and not a single thing on their website, high or low, gives any indication for why you are paying such a high price for something which is really kind of "meh." My assumption is that you might be paying for a really nice warranty, but then again, who knows.

My input is save the cash, head over to rj-tech, and get an ODM laptop custom build which can wreck those specs.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think what your paying for there mostly is for someone else to optimize the computer. I'm sure they do a good job of it, but you said you already knew how to do that and do it well so why pay them to do it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x