How do I mix Internally on my setup - please help! thx

Default How do I mix Internally on my setup - please help! thx

Hi, yes I know I am the dreaded beginner who knows nothing and annoys people by asking easy questions. Am very grateful to anyone who can help me.

I have just bought a a VCI-100, running with Traktor LE (bundled with it), and my sound card is M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

Please can someone explain to me in simplest terms how to set it up so that I can mix internally? I have my headphones plugged into the headphone socket in the sound card, I can see from some tutorials on youtube that I need to do something with the A/B button, but I don't know how to set the "preferences" in Traktor.

Please help - thank you VERY much

To mix internally you simply have to go into the settings for the soundcard in Traktor and choose your soundcard in the main out master output. If you want to record and do stuff internally as well, with being able to prelisten before pumping out a tune in the "recording speakers". Choose the Monitor channels instead of the master output in Traktor, this will allow you to Cue listen to your songs without letting them sound out in the recording system.

And, oh... welcome to the wonderful world of Digital DJing!
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

ok, thank you I will give this a try. How do I listen to the channel that is not playing then (ie Channel A is coming out of my speakers, and I have the cross fader fully on Channel A - and I want to listen to what is playing on Channel B)? Do I have to hit the "Cue" button for Channel B on the VCI-100?
    Sorry like I said I am a complete beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Mason View Post
    ok, thank you I will give this a try. How do I listen to the channel that is not playing then (ie Channel A is coming out of my speakers, and I have the cross fader fully on Channel A - and I want to listen to what is playing on Channel B)? Do I have to hit the "Cue" button for Channel B on the VCI-100?
    Sorry like I said I am a complete beginner
    You hit the cue button for which ever channel you want to hear in your headphones, make sure "output monitor" in the output routing settings in Trakot is set to the output of the headphones on your soundcard.

Sometimes you need to tweak the software that came with your soundcard to set which output will come out the headphone connection.