New Track: Just Answer This One Question [Drumstep]

Default New Track: Just Answer This One Question [Drumstep]

Be advised, this is a lot heavier and dirtier than my normal work.

In short, this is a cheeky "screw you" to anyone that thinks I can't make heavy tracks. It really isn't supposed to be taken too seriously. Everyone likes a joke about nuts, right? lol.

This is by no means the direction I'm taking with my music.

A longer explaination follows...

All feedback is always appreciated.

(The sample came from the old TV show Crank Yankers)

You might have seen this thread I made about lacking inspiration: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16787

Well, as it turns out one of the best ways to inspire me is to piss me off. There has been a few occasions where I have recieved private messages from dubstep enthusiasts who claim that the only reason I typically produce the music that I do is because I "can't" produce heavy sounding music.

I'm not even going to go into how stupid of a claim that is.

But anyway, I usually just ignored it and deleted the message. Whatever. You can't please everyone. And then the other day I received a message that accused me of trying to destroy dubstep by producing the type of music that I do. Far be it from me to attempt to destroy dubstep. I'm sorry that by creating lighter music that would somehow have some impact on all music created ever.

Now, I'm not the kinda guy to get pissed about people talking shit. Especially on the internet where everyone is 50 feet tall. But I decided to make a heavier track to "prove" that I could, indeed, do it. I'm not upset by these claims, I just used them to create the emotional drive that I need to create a song.

So thank you for talking shit, you have inspired me to create a song. And for that, shit-talkers of the internet, I salute you.
    Last edited by Lambox; 08-12-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Hell yes! That was tight.

I see no relation at all between this and interwebs trolls though...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Hell yes! That was tight.

I see no relation at all between this and interwebs trolls though...
    Thanks man!

It wasn't really supposed to be some direct attack against internet trolls. My own thought process was kinda like this:

"You can't make heavy music so you make lighter music"

"Oh yeah? Well just answer this one question: do you like tapes or cds?"

It's not really supposed to be logical. It's just supposed to be fun, which all music is supposed to be anyway. People get so wrapped up in the loyalty they feel to genres. I guess really I wanted to "prove" that I could make a heavy track, but at the same time still show that I'm not taking myself too seriously, if that makes sense.

Thanks again for your support man!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter