Mixer noise problem
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixer noise problem

Hi guys,

I’ve just bought a brand new NI Audio 2 soundcard, plus a secondhand Numark 2-channel mixer from Ebay because I wanted to be able to mix externally with my setup (which also includes Traktor Pro and an Oxygen 8). The mixer has arrived intact, but disappointingly when I tried it out in my headphones there was an intermittent crackling noise, only present when music was playing. I don’t think it’s my headphones, which have always worked fine – so pretty sure it’s a problem with my mixer.

I guess if I plug my monitors in and they sound fine, I can narrow it down to a problem between the headphones and mixer – possibly the connection?

Whether or not that turns out to be the case, can I have some suggestions about how to diagnose and repair?

Thanks in advance.

Had a similar problem and solved it by using 2 different power suplies. One for the laptop and another one for the mixer. Maybe it works this way
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    Had a similar problem and solved it by using 2 different power suplies. One for the laptop and another one for the mixer. Maybe it works this way
    play it safe, power verything.

Only you can prevent forrest fires.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud