Timecode giving me grief!! Really Annoying! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    its like they are purposely trying to kill off scratching and any form of traditional DJing. Fucks me right off!
    Well apart from Serato/Itch/Traktor Scratch/ etc

To scratch proper you need big ish platters... so they make the NS7... but you say it's too big... bit of a catch 22 no?

It is possible to scratch on a vci 100 too... check intro to this vid for starters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mcgR...eature=channel

not trying to compare it vinyl or serato or TSP but still... sound pretty wiki wiki to me
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Well apart from Serato/Itch/Traktor Scratch/ etc

To scratch proper you need big ish platters... so they make the NS7... but you say it's too big... bit of a catch 22 no?

It is possible to scratch on a vci 100 too... check intro to this vid for starters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mcgR...eature=channel

not trying to compare it vinyl or serato or TSP but still... sound pretty wiki wiki to me
    Yeah I've already had the VCI conversation. I still need to have a proper play on one. Peeps say you get a "wiki wiki" sound but I wanna be able to do stabs an' flairs an' shit & peeps say is not too good for that.
    I dont mind small platters, response is what I am after.

Anyway, cheers

How are the NS7 or 2V7Ks + a mixer too big if ur already working w/ 2 turntables + a mixer?

Tech Mentor

If you're carrying around 1200's and a mixer, anything else is smaller than that setup. Not knocking the timecodes, I have a love/hate relationship with them myself, and I really understand where you're coming from. However, maybe you could look at a single turntable setup and controller? You could scratch pretty well on that...

the problem with the ns7 is that its one piece (right?)
    i think thats what he meant by 'big'
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

You can get a v7 on its own... but then you still have to use ITCH...

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/numark/V7

TBH i think dodge is doing the right thing just trying to get TSP to work... if you want to scratch and use traktor that is clearly the best set up to have.

Personally i just found rocking up to parties with DVS (both serato and final scratch) nearly ruined shit loads of events just cause something small was not right.

Fine if you can trouble shoot every foreseeable problem... but some decks just would not calibrate with the vinyl. I even brought my own needles and that still didn't help sometimes. I'd say 50% of the time there was a problem.

I don't want to scratch though so i just thought f*uck it, gonna turn my back on DVS.

No doubt that a fully working and already set up TSP system looks the nuts if you can scratch a la DJ Rafik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6bapWp-4k0
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I'm using a Set of Technics & Im having serious issues trying to get the timecode to calibrate. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.
    What I have experienced so far:

right deck, "left channel missing", unplug right channel and the left channel is recognised, as soon as the right channel is plugged back in the left channel is no longer recognised, the green LED in the audio goes off.

Left deck, worked fine with phono's straight into audio 8, then didn't want to know when using mulitcores.

There's so much more crazy activity I've been experiencing... all kinda random stuff, nothing consistent but the 2 problems above are wheat I have been experiencing regularly.

Really starting to piss me off!

Any ideas? The cables on the underside of the TT's seem fine. The headshell screw bits seem kinda scratchy when screwing the headshells in, but I always take them out & put them back in until I feel it has screwed properly.
    I had the exact problem when we tried to hook up my mates Technics to my rig. We tried everything and the lights on my Audio 4 would come on when i plug in the RCAs and die immediately. Gonna continue reading to see if the is an explanation.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

you can stab and flair and shit on the VCI 100. You just gotta get the sensitivity settings right etc. Its just that its not comfortable and you feel silly doing it. My PDX 2000s did not do that wierd thing and i dont have multicores. Nor do my STR 8 100s. But it has line out as well as Phono. Would loved to have tried the Technics again after so many years...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

There's a video of Grandmaster Flash showing him doing one of this classic routine using a classical setup and then switching to a traktor setup, and theres no difference at all.

Are there no controllers out there that work on timecode? Most run midi info right? There is such an huge gap in the market... its like they are purposely trying to kill off scratching and any form of traditional DJing. Fucks me right off!
    er? chill?

not sure how timecode would work on a controller? unless it had a built in audio 4 or 8/sl1 or 3 and spinning platters?

more steps in the midi signal would be better. even though i find the vci jogs to be more than adequate tbh. but then i rarely scratch

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast