Timecode giving me grief!! Really Annoying!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Timecode giving me grief!! Really Annoying!

I'm using a Set of Technics & Im having serious issues trying to get the timecode to calibrate. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.
    What I have experienced so far:

right deck, "left channel missing", unplug right channel and the left channel is recognised, as soon as the right channel is plugged back in the left channel is no longer recognised, the green LED in the audio goes off.

Left deck, worked fine with phono's straight into audio 8, then didn't want to know when using mulitcores.

There's so much more crazy activity I've been experiencing... all kinda random stuff, nothing consistent but the 2 problems above are wheat I have been experiencing regularly.

Really starting to piss me off!

Any ideas? The cables on the underside of the TT's seem fine. The headshell screw bits seem kinda scratchy when screwing the headshells in, but I always take them out & put them back in until I feel it has screwed properly.

have the phono leads been replaced or are they the originals?

this is why i hate DVS, just so many things can go wrong...

Final Scratch and Serato nearly ruined so many parties for me cause of calibrating the vinyl I just had to get a controller and bail out of DVS completely.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    have the phono leads been replaced or are they the originals?

this is why i hate DVS, just so many things can go wrong...

Final Scratch and Serato nearly ruined so many parties for me cause of calibrating the vinyl I just had to get a controller and bail out of DVS completely.
    They're originals. I wanna ditch DVS but apparently there's nothing on the market that compares to it for scratching.

I'd go with just phono cables mate, and use the 'audio through' in Traktor for your normal vinyl. Then you can use Traktor's FX on your normal vinyl too. I've stopped using my multicores.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

could be a bad rca, also you may have the audio 8 in line in instead of phono.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

i mean obviously you can get it to work, i just found it too damn delicate.

You need to know how to trouble shoot proper etc.

it's a tough trade off the whole scratching thing... i think if i wanted to scratch i'd look at getting a NS7 and use itch...

[ame]http://vimeo.com/4899487[/ame]

Then again i like traktor so i'd still be tempted to use traktor scratch... it's tricky...

i just would not use it if i was playing out myself ever again... too many dramas.

If scratching was important to me id almost just stick with vinyl... but use a controller to mix my music
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I'd go with just phono cables mate, and use the 'audio through' in Traktor for your normal vinyl. Then you can use Traktor's FX on your normal vinyl too. I've stopped using my multicores.
    I only use timecode. Not normal vinyl any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    could be a bad rca, also you may have the audio 8 in line in instead of phono.
    Audio def on phono & not line. I think the RCA is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    i mean obviously you can get it to work, i just found it too damn delicate.

You need to know how to trouble shoot proper etc.

it's a tough trade off the whole scratching thing... i think if i wanted to scratch i'd look at getting a NS7 and use itch...

Then again i like traktor so i'd still be tempted to use traktor scratch... it's tricky...

i just would not use it if i was playing out myself ever again... too many dramas.

If scratching was important to me id almost just stick with vinyl... but use a controller to mix my music
    I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to being a faulty cable, but cant figure out why the left works on its own yet doesnt when the right is plugged in.
    NS7 far too big, I'm not carrying that shit around! Sticking with Traktor thanks, can still rock it with my controller but just so many things that can only be pulled off with vinyl/cd control.

Are there no controllers out there that work on timecode? Most run midi info right? There is such an huge gap in the market... its like they are purposely trying to kill off scratching and any form of traditional DJing. Fucks me right off!

get 2 v7s and a mixer (if your current one wont work with serato or something)
    the v7 is like a duck on the ns7 but separate and on its own
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

RCA's are the 1st thing to go bad on 12's next to the pop up light.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    get 2 v7s and a mixer (if your current one wont work with serato or something)
    the v7 is like a duck on the ns7 but separate and on its own
    Far too big man!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast