What are Some Good Turntables and Mixers ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So ya do you already have a laptop? do you have speakers?

If you only have 600$ to spend then you might want to buy a cheaper controller such as a Numark Total Control or something along those lines and run it with Traktor Pro.

Then start saving and get headphones, speakers, and the rest of the gear.
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

$600 is much better spent on a controller and traktor pro rather than cheap turntables and a mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

For $600 here's what i would go with. Forget about turntables for now, a halfway decent turntable setup is going to run you more than that. So that leave the controller route. Until you've got the rest of the gear any speakers you've got will do, like a home stereo or maybe computer speakers; but you'll need something better once you decide that you want to invest a little more. Get a Native Instruments Audio DJ 2, they run about $100 and come with a demo of traktor pro, and Traktor LE. Now every dj needs decent headphones, this is often over looked when starting out. So look at the Sennheiser HD-280's, that's about another $100.
    There are several controller options out there for $400, and it's really up to what you want.
    If you're interested in controllerism, i would consider 2 midi fighters(around $300 for a pair) like in this video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8eB83axVvw

Now in the video he's using a Rane mixer which is a little out of your price range. So for a mixer you have two options really.
    1. An analog mixer; this will mix everything outside of the software. Something like a Numark M2. It's not the best mixer, but it has all the features to get you started, like a 3 band eq.
    2. You can mix internally in traktor using another midi controller.
    Something like a M-Audio X-session Pro.

Now if you don't like the idea of using midi fighters. And you would rather have jog-wheels, you could get a controller like the Hercules DJ Console RMX. It's an all in one solution so you wouldn't need a mixer, or even the audio interface at first. But it doesn't come with a version of traktor, so i would still get the Audio 2, plus it's a higher quality interface.
    And if you don't have any speakers, this option would leave you with a little cash left over to get some.

i have the time, so i would be willing to find some kit setups for you, but i need you to answer these
    Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    do you have anything other than computer speakers?
    do you have a laptop?
    do you plan on moving your set up around?
    are you just going to do this in you bedroom?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

Heres the deal. I talked to my dad and he said whatever I needed to do to become started he'd help. Right now Im looking for a studiio so I can take some lessons from local DJ's. For now I think Ill take the lessons and learn the DJ life before I step up and buy. I shouldnt have started with the equipment and I shoulda looked into the whole How to DJ thing first. When its time Ill be back looking for info. For now Imma just absorb everything I caan.

Thanks for the help everyone and I hope you dont feel I wasted your time.

--DaanielK

bingo.
    and you didnt waste anyones time. we come here to help

but just in case heres my setup, it ran me around $500
    numark total control
    dj io (sound card)
    denon hp 1000 (headphones)

traktor will cost more, but traktor le comes with the total control, and that gives you a 50% off discount on pro
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I still say download the free trail of traktor and mess around with your keyboard. if you have an iPhone, touch, or iPad you can set up a mixer with Touch OSC on those.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

bingo.
    and you didnt waste anyones time. we come here to help

but just in case heres my setup, it ran me around $500
    numark total control
    dj io (sound card)
    denon hp 1000 (headphones)

traktor will cost more, but traktor le comes with the total control, and that gives you a 50% off discount on pro
    Thaanks , Uhmm.. Ive been hearing good things about Serato LIVE and amazing results from Traktor. It seems like everyone I speak to recommends Traktor. Im getting the feeling Traktor is better ? Truue ?

--DaanielK

yup. and if your using a controller im not even sure serato would work

Tech Wizard

yup. and if your using a controller im not even sure serato would work
    Soo Traktor it is. Ive been doing research on both and it seems like Traktor has it put together a bit more than Serato does.

--DaanielK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123