Audio 2 problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Audio 2 problems.

Last night I played at a house party. Set my equipment up mixed for a hour and then let the next person mix on his own gear. During my set I didnt have any problems with my gear. A few hours go by and I was asked if I wanted to play again, So I did. During my 2nd set I would have the music just cut off. Did this 3 times. Everything on traktor was running fine, my X1 and 1D was still working with no problems. Just would have ANY sound to the mains or the head phones. I would have to close out the traktor program and open it back up in order for the sound to play again.

Has anyone else had this Issue? This is my 2nd time going out and playing with my new gear.

Gear:
    Toshiba Satellite / Windows 7
    Traktor Pro
    Traktor Kontrol X1
    Allen & Heath Xone 1D
    Sony V700
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sometimes when I hot swap my Audio 4 (unplug it while Traktor's running) I'll get a crackly sound until I reboot, but I never have it go completely out and rebooting always fixes it. What version of traktor Pro? Have you checked to see if there might be new drivers available for the Audio 2? I know you just got it, but if the drivers on the installation CD were old that might cause a problem.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I never unplugged my Audio 2 . We had everything running threw a patch bay. I have 1.2.6 and have all the updates from the service center for both traktor items..
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Could be bad power mate
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

im not sure why it would be a power issue. Everything was up and running fine. Just my audio 2 was acting funny. I dont plan on keeping it. Going to pick up a Audio 8 soon. Just hope I dont have this problem with later gigs.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

I did some quick web searching and saw some problems with Windows 7 drivers that needed to be updated causing problems with an Audio 2.

This thread mentions Realtek drivers
    http://www.native-instruments.net/fo...ad.php?t=97145

This thread has some people that fixed their audio problems by taking some optimizing steps.

http://www.native-instruments.net/fo...ad.php?t=95336
    Chris Jennings FHP

Link please. Got to see if this would be my problem.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Links are in there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

here's some stuff on optimizing Vista and XP. The exact steps may be different, but the theory is the same. Just quit any processes that are running that you don't need. Wifi, bluetooth and firewalls seem to be big problems.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327

Are you using Asio4all? That seems to be the best audio driver for PC as far as Traktor is concerned, but we're really getting out of my knowledge base since I haven't used a PC in years.
    Chris Jennings FHP

I didnt think of the wifi causing issues. I did have it turned on the whole time last night. But just dont see how it would mess with audio.

Not sure on the ASIO4all. I just installed 7 and then traktor and then the updates and I was up and playing. Havent had ANY issues like this before until last night. I mix almost every day for a hour or more and never have a glitch or problem.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast