Losing sync in Traktor Pro
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Losing sync in Traktor Pro

Hey guys

So the mix I made that vid for last night was done in Traktor 3.4 cause I kept getting this issue with T-Pro.

I would have the tracks sync'd up and everything going well, and then I'd hit the Jump to HotCue 2 (or any of them) and the sync might disappear AND it'll reset. Now the reset thing I know is a command issue I am working on. I might have to scrap it.

But why is the sync disappearing? I had this problem with loops as well. It's toggled one, one deck is set to master, that doesn't go away.

Any ideas?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

at the top middle panel, is the quantize button turned on or off. try turnin it on and trying it then. thats the only thing i can think of

Korg Zero 4, Macbook Pro, Vci 100, Akai Mpd24,
    Korg Emx1, Pioneer Hdj 1000, Guitar band guitar, 2x Tapco Th15 a, Traktor PRO

ooooh... it's off... I'll try that when I get home.

thanks
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

what you should try also is to set the clock as the master and the other decks as slave/sync, while keeping the quantize button on. to do that you need to set the clock to manual and then just press sync on the decks with the track loaded.

See, my issue with that is I don't like to spin at the same tempo all the time. So I'd need to change the tempo on the clock and not the decks... I'd rather be able to do it by deck... but, I'll play around with it and see what makes me the most comfortable.

It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

understandable. i was trying to test out your issue on mine to see if i was getting the same thing. basically, there's 4 scenarios i tested.

case A: sync on, quant on ==> phase will be synced and hotcues will jump on the downbeat of the master and will keep phase in sync.

case B: sync on, quant off ==> phase will be synced but hotcues wil jump whenever you press them but the phase will be synced.

case C: sync off quant on ==> phase may not be synced and hotcues will keep whatever phase there is and will jump on the downbeat of the master.

case D: sync off quant off ==> phase may not be synced and hotcues will jump whenever you press them, will change phase if not perfectly accurate

in the cases where the sync was on, it never switched off when i had the master tempo set to the clock. i might try the master on one of the decks to see if it does switch off.

I have been playing with a "tempo reset" button, so I'm going to get rid of that and see if it stops. Thanks for the help.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall