unknow medium calib
    Tech Wizard

Default unknow medium calib

I have been using traktor scratch pro for a while, now am having some problems with the right deck, when i try to calibrate it, am seeing this (unknow medium calib. failed right channel missing) i check the connections over & over but am still getting the same thing. on the sound card channel B (3-4) the number 3 it's RED can anyone help me out??
    Last edited by DJ SUB; 08-15-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: ADDED PHOTOS

Tech Mentor

go to timecode setup and check the input mode, makesure its correct for either vinyl or cd's...

You say only number three is red?

If your using turntables check your cartridges, play some regular vinyl and see if sound comes out your left speaker, it could be your cartridge isn't wired up correctly

If your using CDJ's try a different RCA cable, it could be that one side of the signal isn't being sent in, therefore traktor wont calibrate.

These are only wild guesses by the way, it could be something completely different...
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    go to timecode setup and check the input mode, makesure its correct for either vinyl or cd's...

You say only number three is red?

If your using turntables check your cartridges, play some regular vinyl and see if sound comes out your left speaker, it could be your cartridge isn't wired up correctly

If your using CDJ's try a different RCA cable, it could be that one side of the signal isn't being sent in, therefore traktor wont calibrate.

These are only wild guesses by the way, it could be something completely different...
    I tryed different RCAs i switched cables around nothing but, whats strange is when i change the input from 3/4 & put it in input 5/6 it work's

Tech Mentor

humm, must be a dodgy input then.

What equipment are you using?
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    humm, must be a dodgy input then.

What equipment are you using?
    Am using CDJ 400, windows 7 32bit, TSP audio 8 DJ only had it for 8 months
    i have added photos of the problem

i'd bet the problem lies somewhere inbetween A8 and cartridge.

1] first check cartrigde. / cuz in 90% of cases, it's just that cartridge isn't fitted to tonearm properly, or the pins needs a little brush. / then put on a regular record and see if you can hear both stereo channels on your monitor headphones.

2] still did not fix this? then it must be in your multicores then, unplug & plug everything and see if problem still appears. if so, try switching for other multicores (u had problems on deck b, so then use multicores of deck A and see if it fixes the problem). one tip, i saw a multicore that actualy was a bit wobbly in the middle part so checking that up solved some problems. check it out.

3] i highly doubt it's anything software related or hardware related... can't imagine that your a8 input is f*ked up (you can always try it for deck C or D)

also, always when you make change (you pluged or unpluged something) do click the "reset" button on timecode control panel so you can see if it fixes the problem immeadiately.

can't think of anything else.

Also try switching cartridges to see if those aren't broken, or so.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

[QUOTE=Kupujte_Pytle;149911]i'd bet the problem lies somewhere inbetween A8 and cartridge.

1] first check cartrigde. / cuz in 90% of cases, it's just that cartridge isn't fitted to tonearm properly, or the pins needs a little brush. / then put on a regular record and see if you can hear both stereo channels on your monitor headphones.

2] still did not fix this? then it must be in your multicores then, unplug & plug everything and see if problem still appears. if so, try switching for other multicores (u had problems on deck b, so then use multicores of deck A and see if it fixes the problem). one tip, i saw a multicore that actualy was a bit wobbly in the middle part so checking that up solved some problems. check it out.

3] i highly doubt it's anything software related or hardware related... can't imagine that your a8 input is f*ked up (you can always try it for deck C or D)

also, always when you make change (you pluged or unpluged something) do click the "reset" button on timecode control panel so you can see if it fixes the problem immeadiately.

can't think of anything else.

Also try switching cartridges to see if those aren't broken, or so.[/QUOT

The thing is am using CDJ 400 with TSP i switch round the RCA leads but am still having the same problem in channel 3/4 input but the number 3 on input is red & am not sure why i post pictures above.

Tech Convert

If you switched the Multicore cable from input 1/2 (which was working) over to 3/4 and you're still getting an error on channel 3 then it could actually be the input connection on your Audio8.

2 things you can do. Contact NI and see how you can return it to them to get it fixed. If it's only 8 months old i'm assuming it's still under warranty.

Other way of fixing it is use inputs 5/6 or 7/8.

From what i remember it's only inputs 1/2 and 3/4 that are used for Vinyl timecode control so using cd timecode on 5/6 7/8 should be fine.

I'd contact NI.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by n3lly View Post
    If you switched the Multicore cable from input 1/2 (which was working) over to 3/4 and you're still getting an error on channel 3 then it could actually be the input connection on your Audio8.

2 things you can do. Contact NI and see how you can return it to them to get it fixed. If it's only 8 months old i'm assuming it's still under warranty.

Other way of fixing it is use inputs 5/6 or 7/8.

From what i remember it's only inputs 1/2 and 3/4 that are used for Vinyl timecode control so using cd timecode on 5/6 7/8 should be fine.

I'd contact NI.
    Yer if i have the input coming from 5/6 it works fine but the fact that i was working on 3/4 worries me 1/2 works am not sure what could have went wrong

Try to open the file you are watching in Explorer (I mean, as folders and files view) and then right click. Choose Properties then you are able to find out the type of the video you've been watching (.avi, .mpeg, .mp4, etc)

Reg. unknown codecs - they don't tell you much about the type of the video itself.