Traktor cannot load iTunes library
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor cannot load iTunes library

Guess I am not the only one with this issue going by what I have seen on the NI forums. Seems to be related to non ASCII characters in id3 tags. But it seems like NI didnt implement any log that actually tells you what song is the issue. With 19k songs it impossible to check this by hand .. anyone found some way to I am not thinking of to identify the problem files?
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

I had the same problem some weeks ago. Traktor seems to have a problem with japanese character. So i sorted everything in itunes by name and looked for them, sorted by artist and looked for them, sorted by genre... you get the point. The japanese character must be listed between numbers and the first track with an A if i remember correctly. I only had like 20 tracks so it wasnt that painful to search them. I hope that works for you... good luck

Tech Guru

Got it .. unfortunately there were a couple of files that didnt start with japanese characters, but luckily i switched to a new laptop a few weeks ago and upon discovering that the issue also existed there, i just searched the last files added there until i find the offending files.

I send one of them to NI. their support suggested all sorts of things but they do not seem to acknowledge that there is an issue with non-ASCII characters.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music