NI Multicore Cables
    Tech Wizard

Default NI Multicore Cables

What are the chances of TSP multicore cables going wrong??

while there are several posts about the multicore cables, they drove us completely insane here, and we ended up not using them.
    I was doing 2 channel external mixing with a Audio2DJ, with the supplied cables direct into the mixer, sounded great.
    Co-worker got an Audio4DJ and Duo Scratch, wanted to use the included Multicore, and we've had nothing but problems.

Tech Convert

I've never had problems and use them at every gig i play at.

It can get confusing when someone comes along with another set of multicore cables.
    I'm going to use some tape so i can easily identify mine in future.

As for the cables going wrong. I know a lad on another forum who does a lot of sound engineer work for some major clubs in England and he said that they ditched the cables a long time ago due to them shorting out a couple of times. Said it's just safer plugging the stuff in directly with normal cables.

1000's of people are using them though and don't have that many problems so unless you play out often i'm sure i'd bother worrying about them.

they are ok, at least mine are. my colleague had a problem once or twice / it was bad connection in the middle section, so if you experience any trouble try to unplug n plug it in the middle.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Convert

A guy I dj with who uses them had a short in two cables after 2yrs of use...I prefer using normal RCA's that are velcro'd together- because its wayyy cheaper. I ebayed my multicore cables when I bought the audio 8 and nearly got full value for em, then went to radioshack and copped good quality cables, so far so good
    TSP/Audio8
    2xTechnics 1200 MK2
    1xRane TTM-56
    2xShure M447
    X1

it is to save the multicore and people can know it.

Tech Convert

they are decent, but if you gig with them regularly, be prepared to have them break....its cheaper / more durable to use HQ RCA's velcroed together (not as easy, but durable)
    TSP/Audio8
    2xTechnics 1200 MK2
    1xRane TTM-56
    2xShure M447
    X1