Would this setup work?

Default Would this setup work?

I'm buying some cdjs soon, with a 4 channel mixer, and the guy is throwing in an Audio 4 DJ and Traktor. My question is, would there be a way to map my vci-300 i currently have to 2 more decks, and set up 4 decks on traktor and control the main 2 with my cdjs, and the other 2 with my vci-300? Or would I need an Audio 8 for that?

If I CAN do this, would someone [try to] explain how?

Thanks!

DJ Gleebs

Depends on where you want the audio coming out from. If you want each deck separate, then of course you'd need the Audio 8. If you basically just want decks C and D to throw in short samples, there's no harm in just using the Audio 4 but the drawback is that you won't have much control over volume, EQ, etc. if one of your main decks is playing something there and the fader's already up.
    Know thy music ...

I don't think you can run 4 decks in traktor with out the audio 8... well you can internally in Traktor Pro... but i'm not sure that fits your set up there...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

yes, can do.

but, you have to map VCI 300 so it controls mix and volume faders for all 4 channels. basicaly something that is DJTT VCI 100 mapping capable of.

2 decks on the controler and 2 CDJs (as scratch control) will work then as a controlers of your 4 decks.

I suggest making CDJdekcs main and VCI decks as suplements. or so.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes, two decks will be internal and the CDJ's will be external using the audio through in the drop down menu under the deck letter in Traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Yes, two decks will be internal and the CDJ's will be external using the audio through in the drop down menu under the deck letter in Traktor.
    This is awesome to hear! So I just plug my vci through usb with no audio cables plugged in to it and it will rout the sound out through the audio 4? Or do I have to rout the vci-300's audio out into the mixer or something?

I wish there was a connection picture for this.... lol