BentoSan's VCI-100 FX Button Fix

Default BentoSan's VCI-100 FX Button Fix

As most of you guys well know the when you are in mode A or B on the effects section of the VCI-100 the 4th effect button will send the same midi message as the buttons in the middle of the mixer.

I made a fix using Bomes Midi Classic which is FREE - this will work on both Mac's AND PC's while also working on any peice of midi software that is out there.

Instead of using the effect changer button to change which mode it is in you can use the effects up and down buttons on the device.

Pressing the effects selection up button takes you to FX A, pressing it again takes you back to master FX, pressing effects selector down button takes you to FX B, pressing that again will take you back to master FX. (these are the 2 little black buttons by the FX parameter changer).

This isnt quite 100% ideal fix as doesnt also incorperate the LED lighting, that would require Bomes Midi Pro and also up and comming changes that are comming to Bomes(well you could do it at the moment in Pro but it requires a pain in the butt work around and confusing setup for users).

Anyway without futher ado here is the download link - http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...-fx-fix-10.zip

To open the file you need Bomes Midi Player classic which can be downloaded here -
    http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/download.html

As Bomes is upgraded i will release better fixes for this problem and if anyones interested i will release a the Bomes Midi Pro fix which will incorperate LED lighting.

Note: that using this you must LEAVE the effects parameter section on master.

Future updates will include:
    - Only using 1 button to toggle between the three slots(not possible at the moment because you wouldnt know what mode you are in)
    - Visual feedback on the screen telling you what mode its in(Bomes Classic)
    - LED's to function how you would expect them too (Bomes Pro)
    - Some simplification of the setup.

However, These updates will have to wait for updates in the Bomes Midi Translation software.

To setup the file is pretty simple, you need virtual midi drivers which can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.midiox.com/?http://www.mi...om/moxdown.htm
    Or the mac alternative - someone else will have to fill in the details there as i dont own a mac.

After installing midi yoke and rebooting your computer select the VCI-100 from Bomes Midi In menu and select a Virtual Midi Port in the Midi out menu.

Now in traktor or your prefered mixing software, instead of selecting the VCI-100 as the device you will need to select the Virtual Midi port you set in Bomes Midi Out as your mixing softwares midi in.

Also make sure you press Options then Midi-Thru in Bomes, otherwise those buttons\knobs will be the only ones on the mixer sending data !

If you use this send me tens of thousands of dollars

Ill get an article on this up when its more tweaked out.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 12-02-2008 at 09:19 AM.

Nice work! Once I get passed this mix comp I'm going to upgrade and try all this cool stuff out! Question though... will you be releasing any of your Bome's Pro mappings for those of us that use it? Also, it seems the midi thru button has been removed... someone replaced it with a Send Bento $ button, I was confused at first but then realized that seems like a much more beneficial feature.
    Last edited by B33SON; 11-19-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    Nice work! Once I get passed this mix comp I'm going to upgrade and try all this cool stuff out! Question though... will you be releasing any of your Bome's Pro mappings for those of us that use it?
    Eventually i would like to yes

Basicly i havent been ablet to do it so far because i have some really funked out post processing going on in Midi-OX that would only serve to confuse the absolute hell out of everyone and make setting it up rather difficult.

Future Bomes releases are going to make sharing my ideas a hell of alot easier, so that definantly something to wait out for

Bomes is turning into the sickest little proggy that keeps getting better and better - totally worth every cent.

Id like to get a copy of the Bomes Midi Author so then i can distibute Bomes translators with rules to people who cant afford a copy of Bomes Midi Pro. Its 60 Euro for the upgrade from Bomes Pro to Bomes Author though, which is money i simply dont have to throw around (I literally have $2.40 Aussie to my name which = 1.25 Euro lol). I cant see myself being able to afford this in the forseeable future either

If i did have a copy though there is no reason why i couldnt write up this fix in that version and everyone would have the advantages of the Pro edition fix. All they would have to do is load it up in Bomes Midi Player which is totally free.

anyone tried this yet ?

Tech Mentor

Default im a trying

You failed to mention what to choose as midi out within Traktor....this would be the last step in your example mentioned above...

Also your link is down....

Please lemme know what to choose as Traktor midi out and reup if possible thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    You failed to mention what to choose as midi out within Traktor....this would be the last step in your example mentioned above...
    Send the midi out from Traktor strait to the VCI-100.

Heres a new link location for the file - http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...-fx-fix-10.zip