anyone program me a Traktor map for Reloop Digital Jockey 2(I'm going crazy with it)
    Tech Mentor

Default anyone program me a Traktor map for Reloop Digital Jockey 2(I'm going crazy with it)

Hi

I've had my Reloop Digital Jockey 2 for a while now

Just getting into it more

I'm trying to program a map that's got all the good DJ things I like. But I'm going crazy with the tiny window on Traktor's preferences.

I'm trying to learn from other peoples mappings. But I'm just getting screwed up by it all.

I know 95% what i want from a mapping in words, but when i start to try and understand it in the traktor window I get in pickle

I can put into words what i want the map to do.

And also there are a few things in other peoples maps that I dont 100% understand. But someone with experience of traktor would probably know what these 'map features' are. and whether i needed them.

Can anyone offer their service to create a Traktor Mapping for the Reloop Digital Jockey 2 for me?

Many Thanks

youre asking a lot for someone to do all the hard work for you mate.

The reloops jog wheel functions and modifiers are the hard bit. Its a bloody mess and I got a fair amount of brain ache trying to make it do what I wanted. I ended up remapping them totally.

If youre thinking about doing something similar to this then the best advice I can give is to open up your mapping window, add a new control for whatever. It doesnt matter what it is, its only temporary. Hit the learn button and press the button you want to map. Now sort the list by control instead of name. Now all the functions of that button will be highlighted so you can dissect them. Remember to delete the temporary function you just added though!

Also, if youre gonna tackle the jog wheel modifier mess, open up the mapping window and start pressing the jog buttons. Take note of what modifier is set when you start pressing buttons. These directly correlate to what the jog is going to be doing whilst in that mode.

Work all this crap out on paper before hand so you know where you want to be heading and dont get lost in the mess that is mapping.

alternatively check out this mapping:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15903
    I made this a while back to suit my own purposes.

Im afraid I cannot help you completely remap your controller though, I do not have enough time and you offer no incentive.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Hi

Thanks for the extra info.

I have tried really hard over quite a few weeks, i don't really want to give up. I thought i could ask someone with more experience to help me create a map.

I may give it one more shot.

At least i can now remove all the entries for the selected control.

I'll check out you map and see what you did with the jog wheel.

As for an incentive, what do think is a fair price for asking someone to program a map for me?
    Last edited by RD444; 08-17-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling :)

where in the uk are you? i'm off work for the next week so may be able to help. depending on location

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Id offer but I don't own that controller, or live nearby :/

Tech Mentor

cheers Guys

I'm giving it another blast today with a new found enthusiasm. Knowing that you guys have sorted maps out. And also using Flash101uk method (above) for finding the other controllers mapped to the control.

Brad your a bit far away (i'm based in the midlands) but thanks for the support bro. I checked out your videos, very good. Your cat is chilling in the background of one of the youtubes (cats have seen it all before) )

On a serious note:

Is it me or have the reloop maps used loads of the modifiers unnecessarily?

Also for 4 deck mixing, using a Traktor modifier rather than the Shift button would give scratch to all 4 decks. (but thats going off track a bit for what i'm doing)

i feel that 'just because i can change sh*t doesn't mean i have to"

but i don't find the buttons for changing what the jog wheel does very intuitive. and they switch off and not back on when using the browser. but i kind of see that there's a logic to this.

as i said i'm getting amongst it today

No surrender :eek:

i'll post back later if i get in pickle again

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post

Is it me or have the reloop maps used loads of the modifiers unnecessarily?
    100% yes! They use a different modifier for every jog function and the search function on each deck. which uses every single modifier in traktor. Its a real waste.

I remapped them over to 4 modifiers by using the modifier ranges instead of a new one for each function.

I got fader fx mapped to another 2 and ive yet to find an appropriate use for the other 2. Guess im just happy with my mapping until the new traktor is released.

Which part of the midlands are you based in? Im in Derby. Small world! heh.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

I've had to shelf this for a few weeks

My RDJ2 has developed a fault with the play button shorting out

i might post a link in my Reloop Sucks thread.

I'm sending it back to sapphires for a replacement hopefully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iby4FRrvAHU

Yep, Ive had that problem too. I have it at the moment in fact, on the exact same deck!

I find a sharp jab with the finger works well, for a quick fix

Ive also had sticky buttons start working perfectly again.