outdoor gig help

Default outdoor gig help

my first gig is coming up, nothing special, just a kids party at a kinder care (wild huh?)
    but its outside, so i know im going to have heat problems. how can i keep my laptop cool?

im borrowing a laptop fan that plows on the spot i need it to and its smaller than my laptop, so the grille where air gets blown out of my lappy isnt blocked

next, i thought of covering the back(of the screen) and the keyboard with white cloth (i know from experience that my black lappy absorbs way too much light)

and if possible im going to set up in a shaded area.

any other tips?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I know there's different schools of thought on this, but I've always liked laptop fans that blow away from the computer, sucking the heat away from it rather than blowing hot air into it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

well i already got the fan

and if you want to get technical: its all relative, if the air getting blown at the bottom of my laptop is not as hot as the temp of the bottom of the laptop, it will cool it. kind of like how 90 degree mass of air is considered a cold front it its near an 100 degree mass of air (coincidently payng attention in class for once at the right time FTW)

whil if air is getting sucked away, then other air from the surrounding area is moving in to take its place

so they do the same thing, only the second uses a different and less efficient current of air flow
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I know there's different schools of thought on this, but I've always liked laptop fans that blow away from the computer, sucking the heat away from it rather than blowing hot air into it.
    CORRECT!!!

Depends how close the fan is that is blowing on the lappy. An Osc fan from a meter....no worries....done this in a small room often.

If its right on the exaust of the lappy....rather suck than blow.
    It will put strain on the fan and keep the hot air in the area.

Shade would be ideal. You don't want to be standing in the direct sun jamming.
    You can't see the screen....get burnt...etc.

I have played MANY outdoors....but always in the middle of the night....never in the day....but from what i seen....ALWAYS in the shade.

As long as you don't have direct sunlight on your lappy....you should be ok.

Traktor is not that CPU intensive at all....so it should not heat up much.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

yeah, but what i imagen to be where my possessor is is where it gets really hot using traktor, even though its not doing a lot of work (according to traktor and task manager).

so it being hot isnt the problem, its it being in an new environment where it can get even hotter

I don;t think its a problem....TBH.

Where are you? What kind of temps are we talking here? India....sure...you gonna have issues.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

chicago suburbs. its supposed to be in the 80s this friday (the day of the gig)

and i just got word that ill be in a shaded area, so thats good. i think ill be fine.