delay when using cue points need help :)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default delay when using cue points need help :)

basically im using traktor and have a omni control and korg nanopad, the omni control is setup for typical mixing and the pad is for jumping between cue points, inspired by ean's stuff, when i use his tracks from the we will rock you mix it plays them flawlessly so i can pretty much drum with them but when i use them on my own songs with custom cue points there is a slight delay between them. by the way i am using traktor pro on a netbook but i dont think the netbook should be affecting it since its only running traktor and nothing else and is upgraded to 2gb ram and overclocked as much as can be with powercable constantly in, using the sound card on the omni control which is perfect with eans tracks, so i dunno if its the type of mp3 im using, there all 320 format so i dunno, would appriciate any help at all thanks .

Tech Guru

Default cheers

thanks for the fast reply will try that then

what is your latency setting?
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Is quantize checked? Sometimes you can get a delay because Traktor is playing everything in sync. If Sync is on both decks try turning it off and see if you still get the same delay.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Default ...

in traktor its, 44100hz 2.5ms and then in the settings for the soundcard its clock rate is 44.1khz latency 128samples - 3.9ms / 25.6ms dunno what most of this means but its a lot better compared to using my laptop sound card cause there used to be a big lag with that

Tech Guru

Default quantize

no quantize isnt on and i very rarely use sync cause it used to mess it up, i think it might be a problem with loading to the point in the track fast enough if that makes sence??

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If your not scratching you can bump the latency in traktor up to around 10ms and everything seems to work fine.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Default ...

tried the latency setting and its still the same its a bit more stuttery though

If Ean's cue points work great but yours don't I don't think it's a latency issue. Your cue points are probably not exactly lined up with the downbeat. Try zooming in on the waveform and moving the cue point a bit forward until you find EXACTLY where the downbeat is.

Tech Guru

Default ...

i know what you mean but it like only the first time i hit the cue point theres a delay then as long as i dont change cue point it will respond instantly but when i change the first time i hit the cue point theres a delay making cue juggling impossible on some songs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast