Anyone in Iraq

Thread: Anyone in Iraq

Tech Guru

Default Anyone in Iraq

Anyone here currently in Iraq.

Been here for about a month (not my first time here) and looking for fellow DJ’s or parties to go play at – I brought my VCI-300! I played at a small going away party the other day, and playing tunes was the best therapy after some LOOONG hours.

Also, if anyone is willing to be kind enough to send me songs – I will be more than happy to pay for them and for your time. Our download rates are ridiculously slow. I’m hoping to catch up on some tunes when I get an R&R break, but that’s not for some time.

So if you’re in Iraq or know anyone at the emabssy’s having some jams, shoot me a PM.

Oh…and I will be the first person with an S4 in this country!!!!!!!!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

you sir, are awesome =D

R U a GI? I finished up my service about six years ago now.

Not sure what type of music you play but I am willing to send you a wealth of deep/minimal/electro house via mail. Just let me know.

By the way, Im loving the X1 you sold me. Thanks for the awesome deal brotha. Take care.
    Last edited by Redlight; 08-20-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

i'll be in Kuwait in a month or so. then i'm onto Afghanistan.
    I was in Baghdad in 2004 and again in 2007. My company had another DJ who was really into trancey stuff so we would get together. You should check with your BN to see if they brought any entertainment gear and throw a massive at the embassy LOL. I found that many Iraqi males (college age) that I knew looove house music.

Be safe and let us know if you need anything.

Tech Guru

thanks fellas. I was active duty for 11 years, was in 1st Ranger Bn most of my career.

I'm in bagdhad now as a DoD civilian. Things a bit different as a civilian, but I do have access to areas and people I normally wouldn't have if I was in uniform, so I have a bit of freedom to go places. I heard the dutch embassy throws some good jams on the weekends (figures)...I need to find one of those guys and see if I can tear up there one night.

By no means are things safe here. I don't want to give the wrong impression and disrepect some of the guys that are out right now by promoting a party. We get rocketed daily, and there are still tons of IED attacks. A suicide bomber just took out a bunch of Iraqi Army recruits. The guy stood in-line like he was trying to joing the army then blew himself up along with about 50 others. But man, just playing some tunes for a small crowd that's enjoying a good time is a great mental escape.

Red - I'll def. take you up on the offer on some electro house. Shoot me a pm and I can paypal you some flow. Thanks.

Sp Monkey - Be safe in Afghan. Thats a whole nother shitville over there.
    Last edited by haze324; 08-20-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

I'll be going as a DoD contractor as well and would prefer to go back to thaRaq as I know it pretty well. I've been d/l tunes like mad and would have no issue sending stuff your way as well. I have the feeling internet access in Afghanistan is gonna suck