New to Traktor, what hardware to get

Default New to Traktor, what hardware to get

Ok for those who haven't read my roll-call thread post yet.

Started djing 8 years ago on technics 1200's. Needed money so I sold my equipment and saved my vinyl knowing I would be back. Took a couple years off and started messing around on cdj's. 4 years ago I bought my current set up (2 cdjs 1000mk3's and a djm-800) with the intent to utilize a DVS down the road. Almost bought traktor pro scratch this summer but held off to see what the new S4 was all about.

I have been using the demo and really like the software. So my current dilemma is do I

1. Get Traktor scratch pro and use to supplement my current set up.

2. Buy the Traktor S4 since its cost isn't that much more then TPS

3. Sell the pioneer djm-800 and replace it with an Allen & Heath 4D use TP upgrade to TPS if need be.

Here's my thoughts so far. The first option would be instant gratification, and the most portable for club use. I would need to buy a midi fighter once sampling was introduced to TP

The second would give me a good all in one. It would be easier seting up at parties then 2-4 cdjs/turntables and a mixer, and TPS. Set up might be easier then TPS as long as you have the room. Would also be great for recording mixes.

The third option would give me a best of both worlds. I will continue to use my familiar cdj's for control, and have the option to physical control 4 decks in the same space my set up takes now. The downside is unless the club has a 4D (I haven't seen one yet) I have to bring my 4D with me every time I go out or get TPS with the Audio 8. The 4D would also take some more time to map right, but could be programed to sample.

I already have a Protools M-Box2 Pro would be nice if I could use that as a sound card, but I guess thats another story. Thanks for your help in advance, you guys have been using this software / hardware longer then and have great insight.

based on cost and portability i'd say option 2.

plus when they introduce time code support update into s4 software you still have the dvs option aswell. win/win?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

That seems to be what I am leaning towards. The VCI-100 arcade looks bad ass, but for someone new to Traktor the S4 seems to be the right choice. I might still have to get an audio8 if the club can not accommodating to the S4.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacks the Genius View Post
    That seems to be what I am leaning towards. The VCI-100 arcade looks bad ass, but for someone new to Traktor the S4 seems to be the right choice. I might still have to get an audio8 if the club can not accommodating to the S4.
    don't see why, the s4 has a card built in, get the case for it, pop the lid on a tt, place the s4 with case and laptop on the lidded tt and plug in the soundcard.

either way you'll have to juggle some cables

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    based on cost and portability i'd say option 2.

plus when they introduce time code support update into s4 software you still have the dvs option aswell. win/win?
    I've been thinking about doing this and then adding TTs when time code support drops. Maybe pick up a midi fighter to take advantage of more cue points and samples depending on the setup.

I just get nervous about have my sound card built into my mixer and I wonder what the cross fader would be like for scratching.
    A little bit of gold and a pager.