61 83.56%
  • DNMC6000

7 9.59%
  • DX

0 0%
  • other (specify)

5 6.85%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Having bought a xone dx in the past and sent it back due to glitches, Im not sure I would be willing to trust one piece of kit to do everything, if something falls over your trapped with a unit that only partly works.

The S4 is tempting, and the jog wheels look nice, but unless your a scratch mixer or have the time and ambition to learn that level of dexterity is there any point? Even then would the scratch be as satifying as the real thing... (maybe it would be better... due to reliablity and less needle skipping)

Im impressed with my midi fighter and can't wait for my other one to arrive and the x1...

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Amazing!!!! Of course, if you can scratch like Dynamix to begin with, you can probably sound good on an 8-track player and a light switch.

erm, I was posting after watching the video below; just remembered the one posted is the other guy, who is also pretty kick ass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRq0zaaNjNM
    Awesome video, and agree.
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

Still itching to put my hands on the S4 and the Denon. If I had any hint that the S4 was coming out this year, I would have held off getting my VCI100SE (550) Audio 4 DJ (200) and TP upgrade (139), which pretty much runs the same price for less features. oh well. In any event, my preliminary choice is the S4. Although, I know a few people who have the DX and love it, no problems. Not sure why so many prior posters feel that its automatically out of the equation.

Tech Wizard

Keep in mind that Numark has released a teaser that they are readying a 4 channel MIDI mixer a la the DX to be coming soon.

If it is built like the V7s are, then it should a valid contender to compete with the choices you have. But it is not yet released beyond the teaser made available to Scratchworx at this point.
    Known as Robtronik.

http://www.facebook.com.com/djrobtronik | Visit, Like, Stay in touch.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    I'm still hoping that the 4MidiLoop will come out one day.
    em...
    it did
    http://4midiloop.bassdas.ch/en/order/
    didnt it?
    1300 euros

The big problem with the DX for me is the crappy support from A&H.

I've had problems with my X1's, some faders didn't output a midi signal anymore.
    Contacted A&H supporter, redirected me to the technical support of Holland, they couldn't help me. The belgian technical support doesn't reply to my emails.

And also, idk how it works with the DX. But the lack of a decent simple software tool to adjust things on the device, like for example the CC messages or notes behind the knobs is a big let down for me. They make sturdy devices, but the logic behind it is a bit too cave-man for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123