New Mixer I bought. **AUDIO 4/8 help.**
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Mixer I bought. **AUDIO 4/8 help.**

Well I was wanting to Buy a A&H Xone 62,92, or 464. But when I got to guitar center last night all they could do is send me away. I was told the 3 mixers I was interested in could NOT be ordered to there locations or to my house. So I broke down and bought a Pioneer DJM600 for $625 out the door new. Only reason I got it this cheap was because I was trading in old equipment I did not use any longer. So now here are a question I need help with for you.....

AUDIO 4 and 8 Dj's

I want to keep my Xone 1d and Kontrol X1 for all my traktor pro needs. But I also want to run 4 decks internally and have a external mixer. Which is it I need? Audio 4 or 8 in order to have 4 decks and channels to used this DJM 600

I plan on picking up 2 CDJ later to complete my set up.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

I'd take back the pioneer unless you've decided its what you want and order the xone you wanted off the net, i get it all the time here in ireland, go to local store, tell them what you want, they say am no we dont stock that, we stock this, push push push,
    i say but i want the other, they tell me its the same thing, i know its not, so i cant help the local bussiness as he's unwilling to help me so i order my kit from a stranger in germany,
    next time i pop in he accuses me of just using his store as a demo room, to which i reply, how, you dont stock anything i'd be interested in demo'ing.

as for you question, you want to run 4 decks out of traktor into the djm, you've 2 choices, run 4 mono decks out of a dj4 or 4 stereo decks out of a dj8,

most clubs are mono so i run 2 decks out of a 2channel card using mono splitter cables,
    you'd have to make these leads yourself, or you can buy an 8channel card and just use regular phono leads, if you want to move into production the 8 channel card will give you more options in the future so its not money wasted,

as for the cdj's, if you're using them with control disc for traktor then no worries, they'll connect to the audio 8 but if you want to spin regular cd's you've got 2 choices.

connect them direct to your mixer to the same channels as deck 3 and 4 of tracktor and use the source selector switch to pop them in and out or hook them up to traktor and use the software to route the audio thru to the mixer.

my main point is dont be pressured into buying kit you dont want or is second choice just
    cause the local guy doesn't offer a good range of kit. its your money so its your choice not his.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fracas View Post
    But I also want to run 4 decks internally and have a external mixer..
    Audio 4 will be fine for 4 deck Internal mixing and 2 CDJs into the Mixer.

If you want to run 2 CDJs thru the Audio card and mix 4 internal decks you will need the Audio 8.

See I had the money buy and Guitar Center lets you look your own items up yourself on their computers. But when I was looking up all A&H products all was shown was the Xone Dx and the 4d. Both were out of my range on cash.

Now the 600 was my last choice for a mixer. And I believe I will buy the Audio 8 today. I just want to be ablie to use the 4 channels, bass, mid,, high, and trim knobs. As do right now I cant control those things at a 100% with just my 1D and X1. Cdjs are not a must now. Its a Later down the road thing for me. Im just wanting to have 4 volume & eq's for 4 decks running in traktor. Then use my X1 to scroll threw tracks, Pitch bend, Scroll threw waves to find my cue points. and have my 1d for controlling effects, loops, focus, and other gooding I will map.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

If you want to send 4 channels out and mix them externally on your DJM you'll need an audio 8.

If you want to use timecode later you'll need Traktor Scratch Pro too.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Okay let me get you all back on the same page.

NO TIME CODES FOR ME!!!

I want to run Traktor Pro with a X1, 1D, Djm600 and a Better sound card going to my powered mackies.

***NOTE CDJS WILL BE SOMETHING ADDED LATER*****

Sorry for the confusion guys.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

you can run 4 decks internally and use either 1 or two channels on the mixer, depending whether you want to monitor off the mixer or soundcard. I think the audio 4 would suit you mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

There isnt a way to make each channel from the Djm600 to run each channel on on traktor? Im using mt Xone 1d to have 4 ch volumes. Cant this be done? Im new to this ALL and the info is helping me out.

Thanks guys.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Ok here's your setup as it is dude.

- Audio 2 into two channels on the mixer ... you will monitor off the mixer.
    - Your xone 1d and x1 will control all 4 decks in INTERNAL mode
    - In your output settings, set monitor to channels 3+4
    - On the mixer, the second channel needs to be kept down and the cue button active so you can still monitor off this.
    - so basically you will only be using 1 channel on the mixer as a master. If you want to use 2 you can but this will restrict you to 2 decks in the software, and using external mode
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Okay I understand that. So in all, There really isnt a way to assign each channel form the 600 to control 1 channel to 1 deck at a time to make it 4 decks being able to mix.
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast