Need help with budget setup

Default Need help with budget setup

Christmas is almost upon us again and again I find myself looking for presents I would rather have myself.

I'm looking for a budget Traktor setup for my brother. I got Eans Oxygen 8 and custom TSI pencilled in and I think I might give it a custom paint job if I get it soon. software is the problem though, here's his specs as accurate as I can give them (I'll be round his house in a week so I'll put updated on when I get on his laptop), I need a version of Trator that'll work with them so Ican introduce him to the wonderful world of digital DJing;

HP Pavillion something
    1.25 GHz AMD Athlon single core, don't know the exact model
    2GB DDR Ram
    A hard drive
    Strandard graphics
    Creative single output cheapo external sound card.

The processor is my main concern, my dual core has a hard time if I do too much with the newer Traktor so I want something that's gonna be usable and fun, he's DJ'd with the Technics for decades but never with Laptops but I still want the most functional I can get.

If you need any more info I'll get to his house and sneakilly run speccy and post a better hardware spec.

Thanks all.

Why does it do that thing wher when you replace something it deletes the characters following on this post editor? I hate that, looks like I can't spell

Stephen the great adult, shazoohah

Default RE:........

Forgot to mention.

Windows XP SP3 but you already knew that

I ran the latest traktor on my XP desktop with basicaly the same spec mate. grab a little free app called gamebooster and it should run fine.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tell him to dual boot with tiny XP, he'll have a clean windows to put his stuff on.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?