Need some good solid advice for the pro's please
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need some good solid advice for the pro's please

Right here goes, bear with me plz...lol, been djing since 93 mostly vinyl then bought pioneer cdj 500 mrk 2 back in late 90's( got slated of back then for buying them as cds would never take off...little did they know,,,lol) so i can use both no probs, i used to play clubs for money back in the day a few years ago until my family sprung up yada yada, so i,m looking to get back into this digital djing, i have bought a new laptop with very good spec solely for running Traktor only as this one im on just now wouldn't cut it even for home use. I want to use traktor, but i,m torn between a good kontroler or go time coded, my heart say time coded as thats what i feel is still got the feel. But here is my problem and confusion. Can i just buy a audio 4 sound card and then by the cables seperate as well as the coded cd's or vinyl(is this advisable cheaper option?) or do i go for the audio 8 and buy the stuff seperate(again cheaper option) also, bearing in mind this will be for home use as my days of playing out are well over with family commitments, i have the Traktor pro software so dont want to go and buy either bundles all in if you know what i mean? Also i know my 1210 will be up to the job but will my 500's? Lots of questions i know but dont want to mess up as i,m on a budget, really need some good advice from those in the know and would be greatly appreciated guys, sorry for the ramble but i need to get this one right. Hope some fellow digital dj can point me in the right direction, as I feel like I,m swimming against the current on this one…lol
    Cheers

Tech Mentor

You want to buy Traktor Scratch Pro or Serato Scratch Live. (You need software and hardware for both) Your 1210's and 500's should be fine. I assume you have a mixer too?

i agree with nada.
    but do you have these:
    http://www.audioallies.com/images/Pi...CDJ500MKII.jpg

holllllyyyy crap! i know that the technics 1200s are old but they dont look as old as those! and the 1200s are wwwaaaayyy older!

rocking those would be fun
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

Wow, didn't realize THAT was what we were talking about... Personally, I'd stick with the 1200's.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you want to use timecode your best , and I think only, option is to buy Traktor Scratch Pro.

Good deal right now in the For sale forum to.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15912
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

yes thats what i,m rocking cdj wise, come on they are newer than my 1210's, you think its a no go with these old cdjs, honest answers. I bought my 1210 in 92 and the 500's in late 90's, dont tell me i need to upgrade my cdjs as well, i,m gonna be broke

oh yeah i have a decent beringer mixer

Hey those pioneers work fine, i mean you need skill to work them but thats what it's all about

whatcha think i,m not gonna invest all this cash on timecode thats not gonna work, maybe a controller option, like ai said need advise

I have the traktor software pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast