Thinking of Entering Digital DJ'ing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Thinking of Entering Digital DJ'ing

Hey. I've been passionate about music for a really long time. And after watching some friends, who are DJ's, mix it seemed like a lot of fun. I was wondering what would be some set-ups some experienced Dj's would approve or recommend. I want it to be low cost obviously. I would really like a set that included a keyboard. I was thinking of maybe something like:

Akai LP25K Laptop Performance Keyboard and then a pad or mixer.

Tech Mentor

Is a VCI-300 out of your price range? You might want to look into that.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Is a VCI-300 out of your price range? You might want to look into that.
    Yeah, also I'd like to use Traktor. If you think it's for the best I can see if I can get a Vestax VCI-100 or something similar.

I would say Traktor Pro, VCI-100 SE and Audio 2 souncard...

And I always will when asked this question
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

what about the new s4? comes with the software inbuilt soundcard but personal prefrence i suppose

To be fair, the VCI 100 is still not exactly cheap - I started with Traktor Pro and a BCD3000. I outgrew it pretty quickly, but it did enough for me to know Djing was for me - without me forking out a significant wedge of cash, and I upgraded to a VCI100SE, and then added Traktor Scratch Pro and some Control Vinyl to the mix.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I agree with sherlock

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ControlV View Post
    Akai LP25K
    Low budget here guys... VCIs and S4s are not things you buy when your looking at LP25Ks and just thinking that DJing could be fun.

Nothing wrong with starting low-key. The LP25K is actually pretty decent. I have one for traveling about with for Maschine. It does the job and wont fall apart like a crappy Korg Nano

Tech Guru

get a used oxygen8 keyboard to start, theyre like 60$-80$ on craigslist - sturdy controllers too. you've got keys, rotary knobs, a fader and pitchbend

then pick up a decent audio interface for around 300$, don't cheap out on the audio interface. but something around that price range should be good enough.

then save up for a beefier midi controller to replace or compliment the oxygen8 while you learn to practice on the budget setup.

Were talking lpk25 right? Get lpd8 instead. Pad+knob is win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast