Think of ways I can convince the missus to let me buy a macbook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Think of ways I can convince the missus to let me buy a macbook

I've been after one for years, can anyone think of a definitive argument that the wife just cannot come back on!?!?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I just find the irony of someone called Dave MAC that doesnt have a Mac to be hilarious

Shoes always work as a bribe for my g/f. I buy her shoes, i get a new bit of kit.

I guess a new Mac is bit different.

My g/f allowed me to get a new MBP cus my other one needed a new logic board. I got a new logic board fitted but cus i whinged and cried so much about it she said "aarrgh just get a new one then" just to shut me up...

So i guess my answer is complain and complain until she has had enough !!!

Worked for me

Buy the Macbook and then think of a way to convince the wife?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Get one of your mates to phone you and be upstairs or on the bog so that she answers. Get him to say that he's down the pub and someones selling some knocked off computer for a price she wouldn't moan at and they're selling fast, and ask if you're interested...

Just tell her you are going to do it, and it's for personal enrichment? Discuss it but if you (or her) want to do something, why should there be a "no" involved if it's that much of an issue?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

buy her whatever useless crap she wants. then buy the mac.

Tech Guru

1. start complaining that your computer is having issues. do this for a few weeks, until she says why don't you get it fixed. You reply - I might just look into getting a new one.

2. complain more about your computer and start driving her nuts.

3. Mention you've been looking at computers and read some awesome things about Mac's. Start to bore the shit out of her with a buch of techy talk.

4. Lastly - use the someone is selling one dirt cheap. With all the issues your having YOU HAVE TO jump on the deal or you'd be an idiot.

all jokes aside I got my g/f a brand new white Macbook (the new version 2010) in the box, unopened, sealed, for 800.00
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Yes, bribe/distract with new bag/shoes/sunglasses, justify Macbook as computer as a work investment.

Tell her it makes Facebook AAAAAAAMAAAAZING? I think I'd be able to convince my girlfriend that the built-in webcam with Photobooth is worth the purchase price alone.

The problem there would be that I'd have to let her use it.

I bought one, chose the "Back To School" option on Apple's website, got it cheaper than normal AND with an iPod touch 8g + $200 rebate...

...then I just gave her the iPod touch.

edit: they do 12 months no interest right now as well, so you can help build your credit while you show her the amazing, professional nature of the blah blah blah./
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post

Tell her it makes Facebook AAAAAAAMAAAAZING? I think I'd be able to convince my girlfriend that the built-in webcam with Photobooth is worth the purchase price alone.

The problem there would be that I'd have to let her use it.
    +1 - Outline all of the benefits for her (simple to use, ease of photo editing, great sounding music, looks sexy etc etc). If she is up for getting it for mutual benefit then she only has to use it once in a while in Starbucks to do a bit of posing and job is a good'un!!!

If she still disagrees just lock her in the basement until she does?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast