Audio 8 or omni control?
    Tech Mentor

Default Audio 8 or omni control?

Hi, can anyone give advice on which is better suited for a bit of digital scratching? I've had my 1210's for years and I'd like to hook them up to traktor or similar software. I called my local dj shop and they said the numark omni control is the way to go, I'd asked about the audio 8 or maybe the 4 but they weren't to sure about it. Would time code vinyls work well through the numark? Or would the audio 8 be a better bit of kit? Sorry if this is a silly question, I haven't used my decks for ages. Which kit would you sugest?Thanks in advance,
    Jas

Ummm I'm not sure you mean the Numark Omni control...

Tech Mentor

Yeah, are they any good?

Well, yeah, they're ok, but not for what you want them for. It's a controller, not a timecode interface.

If you want to use timecode with Traktor Scratch Pro, you'll need an NI soundcard or approved mixer.
    If you want to use timecode with SSL, you'll need an SSL box or approved Rane mixer.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

And if you want timecode, the omni control is the wrong thing. But you can use it to scratch, though I doubt it will give you the vinyl feel

Tech Mentor

Thank you everyone, audio 8 it is then. No doubt il be posting on here again when I get stuck making it all work thanks some more