USB HUBs

Thread: USB HUBs

Tech Wizard

Default USB HUBs

What sucks about Macbooks are the lack of USB ports. My old Dell XPS had 4 and even my Asus EEE PC netbook has 3. When I have 2 Kontrol X1s, a mouse, audio interface, external harddrives, midi keyboard, and occasionally a flash drive, its always a mess plugging in and out. I do have a regular USB hub but it doesn't deliver enough power for the X1s. Anyone tried and test and currently use a powered USB hub that they could reccommend? Thanks!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There is an article on the Blog about recommended USB Hubs. Worth checking.

i have a new mbp and it powers my vci-100/maschine/x1 thru one hub. i use the macally 4 port hub & the rosewell 4 port. You might want to read this article

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4049
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I got a belkin Hi Speed USB 7 port hub

Model no FSU307

Powers my VCI and LPD8 and Audio Kontrol 1 Sound Card.

All works tip top, played out laods and all is rosy.

Got a USB Ext HD plugged into the other port on my MBP. The FW port stopped working on the drive for some reason (Arrghhh)

Am gonna upgrade my int HD to 1TB though... Int HD FTW!!!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by dubgiant View Post
    What sucks about Macbooks are the lack of USB ports. My old Dell XPS had 4 and even my Asus EEE PC netbook has 3. When I have 2 Kontrol X1s, a mouse, audio interface, external harddrives, midi keyboard, and occasionally a flash drive, its always a mess plugging in and out. I do have a regular USB hub but it doesn't deliver enough power for the X1s. Anyone tried and test and currently use a powered USB hub that they could reccommend? Thanks!
    Hi dubgiant. I used this 7 Ports Self-powered USB HUB, i bought it from sourcingmap two years ago, and it also works well now, it is also available at the store now. Of course, you can also choose a D-link USB hub, another good selection. But i'm personally like my current one. Good luck for you!
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Leddy View Post
    Hi dubgiant. I used this 7 Ports Self-powered USB HUB, i bought it from sourcingmap two years ago, and it also works well now, it is also available at the store now. Of course, you can also choose a D-link USB hub, another good selection. But i'm personally like my current one. Good luck for you!
    I have the D-Link DUB-H7 after struggling with a no-name USB hub for a while and it's brilliant. Never once disconnected or anything. [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Link-DUB-H7-Port-USB-External/dp/B0002AFZVM[/ame]