Free Up Phono Inputs for Traktor / Serato / EFX etc...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Free Up Phono Inputs for Traktor / Serato / EFX etc...

Hey Fellow Digi DJ's, something that may be of interest to y'all.

If anyone here is interested I can det up a new link with DJTECHTOOLS Discounts

Best wishes and keep the party going
    Chris

Free up unused mixer inputs previously used for Turntables with
    PHONO INPUT ATTENUATORS

The device allows standard line level items to be played through RIAA phono inputs, commonly found on older home audio receivers and mixing consoles

Ideal for running extra channels of line level audio like TRAKTOR / SERATO / VIRTUAL DJ etc..
    through PHONO / TURNTABLE inputs.

Rugged Quality Build - worth keeping in your DJ BAG or keeping at the venue!

These could well be an end to having to unplug and reconnect existing club equipment
    at the start and end of your set

or even interrupt the previous DJ as you set up, as you can now use spare PHONO input on the mixer instead

Quick and easy - SIMPLES!

I am a working DJ and have been using these for a while and HIGHLY recommend them.

Any questions please let me know

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_931wt_1036

Interesting and maybe something for the bag, although I'd have severe concerns for sound quality, attenuating a line level output only to stick it through the RIAA curve again.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

correct me if im wrong, but dont most soundcards, specifically NI's, output phono level anyway?

Isnt line input +4 dbu and phono -10?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

NI soundcards output at line level
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but dont most soundcards, specifically NI's, output phono level anyway?

Isnt line input +4 dbu and phono -10?
    +4 is balanced "Pro" line level.

-10dbv is unbalanced "Consumer" line level.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

but phono has different eq'ing amirite?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

NI Audio 8 Output Line at a Max 9.7dbu

So this convertor should do the job just fine.

What id say about worries about the quality is that if this unit is good for Chuntz then its good for anyone.

Hes the guy that introduced me to Traktor about 7 years ago.

He would only use it if it was good quality.

Recommended

Fair dos
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Interesting and maybe something for the bag, although I'd have severe concerns for sound quality, attenuating a line level output only to stick it through the RIAA curve again.
    My worries exactly plus such devices usually have RIAA compensation and then when they get into the mixer, they go through another curve again.

I have the old FinalScratch line to phono convertor from the CD conversion kit but the audio engineer side of me doesn't feel like using it which was why I started wondering how difficult it was to bypass the phono section.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17274

To those engineers out there, I have the service manual for the DJM-600 so would be much obliged if someone could take a look at the relevant block diagrams and figure it out. Otherwise, my next alternative is to bribe the local Pioneer service centre guy to tell me exactly what's the difference between the line and phono inputs in the DJMs. With his years of experience opening up Pioneer DJ stuff, I'm sure he knows but that knowledge isn't going to come easy since he'll have some obligations as an official Pioneer agent.
    Know thy music ...

Tech Wizard

Cheers Karlos, I thought about doing the same myself but if u rock up to a club mid swing chances are the DJ and club owner Won't want u ripping the mixer apart and desoldering any built in Pre amp in the mixer. This solution is quick and easy.
    I hear what u say about maybe not quite as good as standard "factory" line in. But it's as good as ur gonna get in 5 seconds and certainly for less than the cost of an expensive audiophile solution.

I play mainly on traktor using my vci100se
    So run main channels direct to available line ins I tend to run either 3 or 4 via one of these mainly for swooshs and fx and pellas etc. I'll try and get some oscilloscope reads for y'all to compare against normal line in
    But it's a good usable extra option should anyone ever get stuck and saves having to install a second mixer or invest in a bigger mixer for home or on the road.
    Peas 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast