Two Recommended Pieces of Software
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Two Recommended Pieces of Software

I'm not sure if this has been posted...
    I purchased two pieces of DJ related software that I really like. One is Platinum Notes and the other is Mixed in Key.

Needless to say, they are not for everyone, however, I find them useful and fun.

First... Platinum Notes:

Audio Mastering Software for DJs

Platinum Notes makes your tracks sound incredibly smooth. Designed by professional DJs and musicians, Platinum Notes improves your files and gives them warmth, perfect volume, and correct pitch. It removes distortion and clipped peaks.

You can sit back while Platinum Notes scans your entire music collection and generates perfect music files that will keep the dance floor bouncing.
    Platinum Notes Website

Mixed in Key is lots of fun as it helps with harmonious mixing and I just love the ability to mix seemingly disparate music genres.
    Mixed In Key is easy to use. Simply add your music to the Analyze Songs window, click Start Processing and Mixed In Key will show you which songs mix together without a key clash. Using the results will give you a harmonic mix every time.

You can use Mixed In Key to create amazing DJ sets. Thousands of our DJs use Mixed In Key results with CDs, Ableton Live, Traktor and other DJ software.
    Check it out here. and be sure to read testimonials from respectable DJs.

I use Platinum Notes and then MIK. Anyone else using them?

Tech Wizard

Default Energy Boost Mixing

Something of interest to dance djs is called "Energy Boost Mixing" using mixed in key.

Overview
    "Energy boost mixing" is a great technique to create energy on your dance floor.

Who uses it?
    I've heard Sasha and Armin Van Buuren use this technique many times. I personally love mixing +2 semitones since it does not clash as much as mixing +1 semitone. Every DJ should try this mix: The effect is really interesting.
    http://community.mixedinkey.com/Topic.aspx?ID=1621

I still need to look into Mixed In Key. Have obtained a copy, but have not installed it yet. :|

And thanks for that topic link, it really is something worth checking out!
    Last edited by tekki; 07-26-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Give it a try...It's a lot of fun. Drag your files into the interface, analyze them and follow the chart.

Will do, after my installation of Vista is finished.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

I use mixed in key already but should the other program be neccesary> I mean traktor does auto gain and unless you are playing downloaded music the quality of the music it mostly made good in the studio.

I gotta check this out..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Will do, after my installation of Vista is finished.
    Good luck with that!

So far so good. Just hope Ableton and Traktor will install and operate as nicely as they did under XP. :P

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FrederiklaMode View Post
    I use mixed in key already but should the other program be neccesary> I mean traktor does auto gain and unless you are playing downloaded music the quality of the music it mostly made good in the studio.
    I think Platinum Notes is useful, but not absolutely necessary. It was helpful for me because my collection is so varied and contained bitrates from 320 t0 160.
    It is recommended to keep within the 320 to 192k range.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast